On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

who u buy yours from? im wanting one on my car
Old 05-16-2010, 07:55 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by 92ZZ3RS
who u buy yours from? im wanting one on my car
Me too...I wouldn't mind it if I had to gather the necessary parts myself vs buying a "kit". I had a Grand Prix GTP with the Eaton M90 supercharged V6 and was always impressed with the torque and HP it put out and the way it responded to modifications. I keep reading they max out around 600 RWHP, but that's well within what I plan to do with my car at this time. I was hoping to get 500+ RWHP.
Old 05-16-2010, 08:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

why would you guys want a maggie? its a serious question.

they are very limited. but if you hp max range is under 600 then go for it. anything above that i doubt you can squeeze out of a maggi.

i think the procharger systems are cheaper.

i was going to get a maggie a while back but i started researching and found that they arent even halfway descent compared to these other supercharger or turbo systems for the same price.

looks, its looks bomb bay. but thats it. take my advice like a grain of salt if you wish. good luck.
Old 05-16-2010, 08:50 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by themack56
What does the power curve look like on a maggie vs a centrifugal supercharger? It's a serious question. I suspect 600 HP and a fast and steady powerband suited for a street car is attractive to many people.
Old 05-16-2010, 09:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

Exclamation

Originally Posted by evo462
What does the power curve look like on a maggie vs a centrifugal supercharger? It's a serious question. I suspect 600 HP and a fast and steady powerband suited for a street car is attractive to many people.
lol. ok. i wasnt trying to talk **** but you started it.

Do you always answer every question with a question? A maggie sure has a lot of power under the curve, so does a procharger. You can't sit here and say that it is, are you saying that?

Another reason that maggies are a pain is the install. The LME kit which is basically the only kit available for our cars, needs some pain in the *** mods. First you have to cut the cowl, then the k member has to be lowered.

By the way, your saying a procharger dosnt have a nice power band? Only a maggie can achieve this? How many D1s are in the 600+rwhp range and most likely cost less.

It was a serious question and I wasn't trying to be a dick. . I understand if the ops goals are just that.
Old 05-16-2010, 09:43 PM
TECH Resident

lol. ok. i wasnt trying to talk **** but you started it.
How old are you?

Talk ****? I asked a legitimate question...how does the powerband of a centrifugal supercharger compare to a roots type supercharger? From what I've seen, the roots blowers make full torque at 3k RPM or less. That's their specialty. For street applications, I can see that as being valuable. Stop putting words in my mouth.
Old 05-16-2010, 09:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by evo462
How old are you?

Talk ****? I asked a legitimate question...how does the powerband of a centrifugal supercharger compare to a roots type supercharger? From what I've seen, the roots blowers make full torque at 3k RPM or less. That's their specialty. For street applications, I can see that as being valuable. Stop putting words in my mouth.
Oh gz. The how old are you question.

Really, Im not 60 like your so lets that subject at that and don't come back to it.

Maggies are plain and simple a pain in the *** to install and they dont make the same amount of power as prochargers. And this powerband that you are talking about, the difference would be little to none on how fast they both reach the max power range. With that being said if it was a tvs 1900 or a 2300 then it would be well worth it. I would even get one, but in reality they only have for l92 heads I believe. Correct me if I'm wrong.
Old 05-17-2010, 02:15 AM
Launching!

I put one of the LMS kits on my car in a garage by myself, I didn't think the install was difficult at all. The hardest part was cutting the cowl, but the kit comes with all of the stensils to make as many marks as you need to ensure that you cut it right the first time. Lowering the K member was easy, I really don't know what all of the concern and fuss about lowering the k member is about or where it comes from. I just supported it with a floor jack and lowered just enough to slide the supplied spacers in, then put the bolts in and tightened them up. Job done.

BTW, I'm not a professional mechanic either just a gearhead that wanted to modify my car.
Old 05-17-2010, 09:18 AM
On The Tree

i wont have to lower my k-memeber or cut the cowl anyways. i have a 92 camaro. i would like to see 550-600 to the tires. thats plenty to have fun with. it makes 426 now on motor. a maggie, kenne bell or a whipple would be badd *** im thinkin
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q__uLbojIoU
Old 05-18-2010, 02:44 PM
Teching In

Default lm speed chargers

lm speed used to have the mp 112 charger kid only check back they now offer the tvs searies for f bodys and they doo lower the k member as they did with the mp searies as well iv talked to lm speed over the phone about this kit and had asked about larger chargers and all the guy would say is they had a larger kit in the works and check back and now the sight has a tvs being shown with the mp 112 under the f-body kits www.lmspeed.com is the site
Old 05-21-2010, 11:36 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by cammedss
lm speed used to have the mp 112 charger kid only check back they now offer the tvs searies for f bodys and they doo lower the k member as they did with the mp searies as well iv talked to lm speed over the phone about this kit and had asked about larger chargers and all the guy would say is they had a larger kit in the works and check back and now the sight has a tvs being shown with the mp 112 under the f-body kits www.lmspeed.com is the site
can you post the link to this info? thanks
Old 05-21-2010, 08:23 PM
10 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by marine02ss
It was me who used the GTO 112 on my Black SS...I sold the kit to a guy in North Carolina...
I was the guy that bought it from him and installed in on my 00 SS fit perfect only had to cut the cowl ..only down side was the wipers didnt work only because I didnt lower my k member .....it made 396 rwhp @8# not fully tuned. Its currently off the car and plan to install on 80 Z28 later this year hopefully.
Attached Thumbnails Magnacharger kit for LS1 F-body..-picture-001.jpg  
Old 05-21-2010, 09:35 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Oh gz. The how old are you question.

Really, Im not 60 like your so lets that subject at that and don't come back to it.

Maggies are plain and simple a pain in the *** to install and they dont make the same amount of power as prochargers. And this powerband that you are talking about, the difference would be little to none on how fast they both reach the max power range. With that being said if it was a tvs 1900 or a 2300 then it would be well worth it. I would even get one, but in reality they only have for l92 heads I believe. Correct me if I'm wrong.
only reason you may consider it a pain in the *** is the bending over part, worked on BadMonkeys SS and install and it was not that hard. And we been down the Procharger route as well, it is a good system, but not everyone thinks inside one box so ppl like do to something different and both are different beasts. You know, that thing called opinions, everyone has one. Nothing wrong with a MP112 and seeing 10#'s and seeing a a straight TQ curve well before 3K RPM's for that seat of the pants ride that keeps pulling. With a previous setup, ported LS6 heads and custom cam at 8#'s capable of more boost we saw 528 RWHP 524RWTQ, now is that really so bad for something we could just jump in and start everyday, no.

Old 06-05-2010, 09:11 PM
Teching In

Hmmm soo there's a used polished M112 head unit for sale tigh now and I want to grab it but I didn't know if there was a difference in the head unit-because i can buy all the stuff to fit on my c5 z06 ...the kit's apprently for a fbody
any help is appreciated here! Thnx!
Old 06-06-2010, 10:50 AM
TECH Veteran

Just for reference that dyno listed above was with stock heads, Z06 cam, 8#'s of boost, stock manifolds and SLP Ypipe. The lower number is when i used the LPE bypass to prevent boost from building. That was my final setup before I sold it. I sold the heads, cam, and headers and scaled it back a bit to make it a bit more sleeperish lol. With the cam heads and headers through the 9" with 3.90 gears it made the numbers listed mentioned in the previous post.
Old 06-20-2010, 03:43 PM
TECH Regular

If anybody interested onthe MP122 kit..shoot me an email and will send you pics
Old 12-05-2010, 08:06 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I just bough a trick flow TVS 2300 GTO kit for my 98 Z28 434. I talked to magnuson and they told me this one would work as far as all the pulleys and brackets! We will see.

I will use my injectors, fuel system and will have to fab the hoses for my K&N FIPK2. I cut my cowl along time ago experimenting with a carb, so that wont be a problem. I am going to do start installing it some time after the first of the year. I will post on how it goes.

My concern at this time is getting a hood that will fit and look good.
Old 12-05-2010, 10:09 PM
TECH Regular

You don't think it will fit under your SS hood ?
Old 12-06-2010, 08:59 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by wildta
You don't think it will fit under your SS hood ?

I am not sure? But I know the TVS 2300 is a little thicker than the other maggies. I guess I need to take it out fo the box and check it out. :-)
Old 12-06-2010, 09:05 AM
TECH Senior Member

they are very limited. but if you hp max range is under 600 then go for it. anything above that i doubt you can squeeze out of a maggi.

i think the procharger systems are cheaper.

i was going to get a maggie a while back but i started researching and found that they arent even halfway descent compared to these other supercharger or turbo systems for the same price.

looks, its looks bomb bay. but thats it. take my advice like a grain of salt if you wish. good luck.
The newer TVS2300 is good for FAR more than 600 hp.

Ryan

Quick Reply: Magnacharger kit for LS1 F-body..