Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Magnacharger and MTI Clarification

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2010, 09:31 PM
TECH Resident

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Default Magnacharger and MTI Clarification

I have been seeing several questions come up lately at Magnachargers on F-bodies. I will assure all of you that this has been written and talked about at length way before me. But while I am on that subject I would like to thank all of you that helped me get as far along as I did with mine.

Now back to the point of this post. I don't recommend that any of you deal with MTI out of Georgia. I have attached a letter that I wrote to them shortly after dealing with them and installing my own supercharger. The letter was never responded to by MTI. I strongly suggest that you talk with Ed at LM Speed or pursue another route for coming up with one of these kits. Especially if you own a T/A and especially if you plan to install it yourself. Please read the letter. Those of you that plan to pursue the install yourself; check out the pics in my profile. They should prove very useful. I have saved several of them from over the years. You should also check out this thread as well. Even more pics and write ups.

Good luck!
Attached Files
File Type: doc
MTI Failure v2.doc (36.0 KB, 267 views)

Last edited by kyoytey1693; 02-15-2010 at 10:50 PM.
Old 02-26-2010, 01:12 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Definetly enough to keep me away. I also had called them and the guy on the phone was a jakass. Couldnt even tell me if they're kit converted to 8 rib or not.
Old 02-26-2010, 06:46 AM
UNDER PRESSURE MOD

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Thanks for posting, and even though there are two sides to every story, it seems like for a $6000+ kit, you shouldn't be having the issues you had.
Old 02-26-2010, 07:50 AM
10 Second Club

That's about as professional as you can be on a negative review. I liked how you presented the shipping and receiving dates. You can't argue with those.
Old 02-26-2010, 08:35 PM
Staging Lane

I'm sorry to hear about your bad luck. Ended up with an APS kit. Have yet to install it. Hope I don't have near the problems. Hope to post someday w/ the results. I now wish I would have gone to LM instead...
Old 02-26-2010, 09:28 PM
Teching In

This isn't the first time I've heard of someone having a bad experience with them..

I know they are totally unrelated to the MTI of texas, but I think it's ironic that both companies have... tarnished... reputations and have the same name.

Quick Reply: Magnacharger and MTI Clarification