Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

spendin 2700 on my car tommoro

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2010, 11:45 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 500@10psi
^^^not to mention its a hell of alot quicker to install and work out the kinks. its possible to work out a turbo kit in a month....... with alot more money, crazy fabbing experience, all of the proper tools (which will cost more than the kit), and a dyno at your disposal
As I said in my post up there, I can build a kit in about 3 days if I have everything laying around already, and it'd be around his budget. Now, having said that, it wouldnt include tuning, a wideband, FP gauge, fuel system other than injectors, etc etc etc.

For 2700, and a month, I could do a complete kit (for myself anyhow). You guys just need to be more resourceful.
Old 02-24-2010, 11:55 AM
10 Second Club

if you're gonna be buying everything off ebay, the car will probably fall apart within a month.... and rushing the build will only make you cut corners when you start running out of time.

At least get quality parts where it counts, and take the time to research what you are getting in to.
Old 02-24-2010, 02:22 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Im resourceful, Ill just pick up the phone and call a vender that builds kits for f body and give him a time frame and see where can meet in the middle lol! Hell U want a turbo car fast I sell u my rearmount for 2600 and ship it free of charge complete.
Old 02-24-2010, 02:38 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by OUTLAWZ RACING
Im resourceful, Ill just pick up the phone and call a vender that builds kits for f body and give him a time frame and see where can meet in the middle lol! Hell U want a turbo car fast I sell u my rearmount for 2600 and ship it free of charge complete.
Thats not exactly being resourceful is it?

I can BUILD a complete kit just like what KYTP sells for 1/3 the price. Now, if your a terrible welder, or just plain not handy, then by all means buy a kit.
I just think my $$ is better spent elsewhere, therefore I make my kits and buy the turbos, wastegates, flanges, etc from the vendors.
Old 02-24-2010, 08:12 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

a good turbo will cost you 1000bucks

wastegate 400

bov 200

injectors 400

intercooler 400

that is 2400 right there, so you will have around 300 for all the piping

if you get a turbo of a diesel truck and ebay stuff you can get the price way down, but do you really want to do that ? that stuff will not last, and i do not know about you guys but i like to buy things once and be done with it.

if you want cheap power, just spray the motor. turbo builds are not cheap when done properly
Old 02-24-2010, 08:39 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by elias_799
a good turbo will cost you 1000bucks

wastegate 400

bov 200

injectors 400

intercooler 400

that is 2400 right there, so you will have around 300 for all the piping

if you get a turbo of a diesel truck and ebay stuff you can get the price way down, but do you really want to do that ? that stuff will not last, and i do not know about you guys but i like to buy things once and be done with it.

if you want cheap power, just spray the motor. turbo builds are not cheap when done properly
Here, I'll tell you what I have into mine

Turbo -950 - turbonetics tc78
Wastegate - 100 (xo2 racing, very well proven)
Intercooler - 200 off ebay including piping
Bov - already had an HKS ssqv laying around that I bought for 20 bucks
Injectors - 350 shipped for brand new siemen deka 60#s
Piping - 75 for flanges (truck mani flanges, and turbo flange, drain flange)
Piping - 50 bucks - local exhaust shop, and yes its mandral bent.
Oil lines - already had 2 extra feed lines, one -3 and one -4
Also had drain line stuff laying around, just needed the flange

You guys are way over spending on small stuff
Old 02-24-2010, 09:19 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by reamo04
Here, I'll tell you what I have into mine

Turbo -950 - turbonetics tc78
Wastegate - 100 (xo2 racing, very well proven)
Intercooler - 200 off ebay including piping
Bov - already had an HKS ssqv laying around that I bought for 20 bucks
Injectors - 350 shipped for brand new siemen deka 60#s
Piping - 75 for flanges (truck mani flanges, and turbo flange, drain flange)
Piping - 50 bucks - local exhaust shop, and yes its mandral bent.
Oil lines - already had 2 extra feed lines, one -3 and one -4
Also had drain line stuff laying around, just needed the flange

You guys are way over spending on small stuff
not all of us have turbo feed lines and other misc stuff laying around, so we do actually have to buy it. and all that adds up.

i can tell you what i have in to mine, properly done with name brand parts, stainless steel pipes , but i do not want to scare myself

you are missing quite a few thing from that list to actually make the car run properly. fuel pump, tune ? ....
Old 02-24-2010, 09:37 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by elias_799
not all of us have turbo feed lines and other misc stuff laying around, so we do actually have to buy it. and all that adds up.

i can tell you what i have in to mine, properly done with name brand parts, stainless steel pipes , but i do not want to scare myself

you are missing quite a few thing from that list to actually make the car run properly. fuel pump, tune ? ....
I said I could build the turbo kit for under 2700 in a post above. xo2racing wastegates work just the same as a tial, and I have never seen one fail. Ive seen them on probably 75+ builds. Enough for me to feel safe running them. Ok, take into account what I paid for the oil lines, theres another 100 bucks. I paid 175 for my a1000 fuel pump off of forums. Tune is 150 by a local guy. Still under the 2700 mark by a bit.

My bov is namebrand, my turbo is namebrand. Also, tell me, have you seen side by side testing done between a spearco intercooler and a CXracing intercooler? Not much difference in performance. Not enough for me to justify spending twice as much on an intercooler.
Old 02-24-2010, 11:20 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by 500@10psi
^^^not to mention its a hell of alot quicker to install and work out the kinks. its possible to work out a turbo kit in a month....... with alot more money, crazy fabbing experience, all of the proper tools (which will cost more than the kit), and a dyno at your disposal
and to add to this. Working on the car 7 days a week for a least 8 hours a day.
Old 02-25-2010, 05:36 AM
TECH Addict

Remo, Im not doubting your talent at all bro just messin with u lol, I been welding for years now. You cna do it no stop working at it but 2700 is going to get some cheap parts. hell a good turbo is gonna run 700-3k easy and all the little stuff will nickle and dime you to death.
Old 02-25-2010, 08:50 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by turbo'd stang
If it were me...I'd be posting in the nitrous section about doing a kit. With your budget, I think things will turn out better.
I have always said, and always will say that a properly done turbo kit is cheaper than a properly done nitrous kit.

I had a DRY 50 SHOT on my car, and I went turbo because it was cheaper....
Old 02-25-2010, 03:40 PM
TECH Resident

Where did he go? Looks like you guys scared him away from all this turbo stuff, LOL!
Old 02-26-2010, 12:40 AM
On The Tree

he siad 800 was coming out for his trans. leaving only 1900 to spend.

if he pulls it off props to him
Old 02-26-2010, 07:15 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by darkhorizon
I have always said, and always will say that a properly done turbo kit is cheaper than a properly done nitrous kit.

I had a DRY 50 SHOT on my car, and I went turbo because it was cheaper....
Well i can agree with u to a point. I have seen some nasty direct port set ups and fuel cells for no2 cars. They can rang from 1k up to 8k. It all boils down to how much power u want and bling. Nitro dave has some of the sickest no2 set ups I have seen by the way. But a turbo kit to make 500 hp to the wheels will cost more than a no2, Hell all that is a 150 shot heads and cam. But it boils down to power. A twin 76mm full blown turbo kit will surpass any no2 kit.
Old 02-26-2010, 11:44 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by OUTLAWZ RACING
Well i can agree with u to a point. I have seen some nasty direct port set ups and fuel cells for no2 cars. They can rang from 1k up to 8k. It all boils down to how much power u want and bling. Nitro dave has some of the sickest no2 set ups I have seen by the way. But a turbo kit to make 500 hp to the wheels will cost more than a no2, Hell all that is a 150 shot heads and cam. But it boils down to power. A twin 76mm full blown turbo kit will surpass any no2 kit.
FWIW, this kid ended up buying a s400. Cheap and will make more power than he wants.
Old 02-26-2010, 01:41 PM
TECH Resident

Well, I hope he pulls it off and goes home from racing a ricer with a big grin on his face.
Old 02-26-2010, 03:27 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Boo"SS"t
Well, I hope he pulls it off and goes home from racing a ricer with a big grin on his face.
Oh, so do I. thus why I have been talking with him and making sure he doesnt screw up a big project

Quick Reply: spendin 2700 on my car tommoro