Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Boost leak

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2010 | 03:48 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Default Boost leak

Been trying to track down possible boost leaks, so made up a plug with tyre valve to connect to the hose where turbo compressor outlet goes, then I pulled the rocker covers and any inlet valves that where open ,i loosened there rockers until vavles where seated.

Then I pressurised the whole intake from turbo to heads, was quite surprised to find I couldn't get it to hold any pressure and air was escaping rapidly around the injectors on one bank, also from the base of the manifold, the mezier water pump was hitting the manifold and preventing it seating properly.

Anyone else come accross boost leaks from injector o'rings ?

It may be an alignment issue due to the budget fuel rails i have,
but the o'rings don't feel that tight in the manifold either.

Is it possible to get a slightly bigger OD injector o'ring ?
Old 02-25-2010 | 12:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

I noticed the same thing, I had a bbk intake that was leaking out of the plate underneath so I got rid of it. I put an ls6 intake on it and solved that problem but I still have a little air leaking out of the injectors. I tried replacing the o-rings and that dident help. I can tell you that the amount we are loosing is very small and you probably still have another leak somewhere.
Old 02-25-2010 | 09:25 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Well one injector in particular had a major air leak, could easily feel the air escaping around base of injector, not just a hiss like the others lol.

Looking at replaceing my rails with CNC billet jobbies that have the manifold mounts machined in all as one. Should give better alignment and be more ridged and not flex under boost.

Would also like some slightly bigger OD injector o'rings if they are available.