Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

TFS 215's+Vindicator+D1sc Procharger????

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2010, 06:58 PM
Staging Lane

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Default TFS 215's+Vindicator+D1sc Procharger????

Ok well as the title says I have a pretty well built n/a 347 motor that has been performing great ever since I swaped from a set of patriot stage 2 ls6 heads and mild cam to Vengeance Racings most proven package. Picked up 8 mph and an average of 6 tenths faster from before. Last week I picked up a very low mileage D1sc with fmic kit. As of now because we only milled the heads to 62cc's my comp ratio is roughly 10.5-10.6 to 1. I plan on putting one of Nasty's full twin pump setups as well as run e85. Also I was wondering if the vindicator cam would be a decent blower cam? It has a big split in intake and exhaust derations. Specs are 240/244 608/596 on a 112. Maybe Ron could chime in on that one. I was planning on running 8 lbs should that safe??Also what type of power gains should I expect? Shootin for 10.5s at 135 mph. Given my current numbers I don't think that will be to hard to do. Oh yeah dynoed 450/406 on dyno dynamics with current set up.
Old 02-28-2010, 11:03 AM
EPP
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That cam is probably going to bleed off quite a bit of boost, but since you already have it installed, you might as well try it. 10.5's should be easy to do, even with having to bang gears. Assuming the ProCharger kit you have is an eight rib, which requires the use of a harmonic balancer made by ATI Performance Products, I'd run a 3.55 blower pulley on the head unit. You're likely going to make more than 8 psi, but with your cam the 3.55 is what I'd start with. If you do make more than 8 psi, your engine sounds like it is built for it. The Nasty twin system will handle the fuel, and I'd add at least 60lb injectors. 80lb high impediance injectors are about the same price now as the 60's, I'd go with the 80's. Bob
Old 02-28-2010, 08:32 PM
Staging Lane

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

That's what I was lookin for. Thanks bob!!! I do have the Ati harmonic balancer installed already on my motor. The kit I have is an 8 rib kit that I'm goin to send the j bracket off to sdce for there tensioner kit as well as purchase a set of 80lb injectors. Looks like I'll start with the 3.55 blower pulley. Anyone else have any experience with a setup close to this?
Old 03-01-2010, 11:05 AM
TECH Addict

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I'm about to ready to fire up my 404ls2 that has 10.8:1 compression. I have a Nasty n8 line/fitting kit, and a homebuilt twin pump setup. I'm going to be running 93 pump and a twin nozzle meth kit. If I was you, I wouldnt be worried to turn the boost on up! Just be conserative with timing and AFR. The compression should make some nasty power

Quick Reply: TFS 215's+Vindicator+D1sc Procharger????