Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Real Street at LSx Race

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2010, 12:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Real Street at LSx Race

Any turbo guys going to try and run this?
Old 03-25-2010, 12:33 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I am thinking of trying this class as it looks like fun! It looks like the turbo combo is going to be a bit of an uphill battle compared to the other power adder rules, but I have some odds and ends laying around that will let me race without spending much money!

Kurt
Old 03-25-2010, 03:30 PM
9 Second Club

I think they cut the nuts out of this program this year... the limitations on turbos seems a bit much, I can think of several "Real street" cars that are driven regulary on th street with larger turbos. And I dont think the power adders are "apples to apples". Think the rules were written by a NOS Baby...

Oh, and what is "Real Street" about this class? No 20 mile drive... no DOT tire requirement... no A/C.. no Power Steering... no registration requirement...

I think I will save myself from having to race a true built race car with a little added weight and a smaller turbo strapped onto it... (Thats what is going to clean this class) rather then bring my "real street" car.[/
Old 03-25-2010, 03:36 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I would have to agree. There should be a good drive that requires drivers to finish at least a little road test and fuel stop. Also why is there no DOT tire requirement? AC and Power Steering i can understand since there are guys that are driving around with out them. But then again if the cars not even registered its not even legal to drive on the street any way!
Old 03-25-2010, 04:25 PM
TECH Junkie

I think true street is more for street type cars. The name of this class might give the wrong idea to some, but this is a race class for sure! I would assume most cars in this class will be running race fuel and going for it!

Kurt
Old 03-25-2010, 04:27 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 45 Likes on 31 Posts

i guess thats what true street is for.

i think its funny that 'street' is in several of the class names for absolutely no reason
Old 03-25-2010, 04:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's Real Street - not True Street.... Look at the rules for other sanctioning bodies.

Agreed that "Street" is a stretch for most of these classes (Mean Street, Streetfighter, Etc)
Old 03-25-2010, 06:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

It's definately geared toward the nitrous/blower cars. I'm like Kurt though, class looks fun. I wouldn't expect to win...they got the turbos so restricted...you can only hope you don't become first round pickins.

I might give it a try.
Old 03-28-2010, 11:20 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by MIGHTYMOUSE
i guess thats what true street is for.

i think its funny that 'street' is in several of the class names for absolutely no reason
I think that is what gets my panties in a twist Dave... Dont call the thing a street class if you have to be a race only car to compete.

The only way you could hand with a turbo car in this is go for every availble "weight cut"... max cube the motor (480+ ci) and run the max turbo size (I know... too much motor)... and hope for the best!

427... (You are the W2W guys right? Sorry its been a year since I have been active on the board) if so... you guys I am sure could build a good car.
Old 03-29-2010, 11:30 AM
TECH Junkie

I think the rules that govern the body keep the cars "street" appearing and the marketing guys probably like that the cars look normal from the stands. The NMCA is a racing sanction, so people that are serious about winning are going to build or modify the cars to meet the rules and go for it even with "street" in the name. I remember when Pro Street and Outlaw Street were basically heavy Pro-mods that could never drive on a road, but I never missed a round when I was at a race because they were entertaining to watch. Hopefully people will show up and race despite the "street" name.

Kurt

Quick Reply: Real Street at LSx Race