Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

List of complete Turbo Kits

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2010, 09:23 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

When your turbo kit offers masterpower as the upgraded turbo.........

ie. the base turbo is chinese you probly shouldn't be making claims like that.

Disclaimer:
Masterpower turbos are sick for the price and I've been with that company for a long time and we have made many strides to improve customer service warranty work etc.

Josh you F'in made me spit soda out of my nose LOL!!!
Old 03-29-2010, 10:02 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ModularTurbo
agreed the only inexpensive turbo that you could use and still sleep at night, assuming of course that you actually care about your customers, is a masterpower and that is the turbo I used for my cost estimation.

T70= 600
Tial 38mm= 220
any good BOV = 180+
total = 1000 + shipping credit card fees handling taxes etc etc

you got almost 900 left. I'm not saying it can't be done, but it would be real hard to do it and make a profit off of it. Obviously someone could make their own kit for cheap as hell but remember its FREE labor if you do it yourself.

Going turbo can be really EASY.......... if you have one of the following!

1. SERIOUS F'IN SKILLS
2. SERIOUS F'IN MONEY

3. or a lil' of both LOL
funny...

copy?

yep...the base kit turbo is just that...a copy of that one.
funny how that turbo sells for 489...not 600.
more copy's

yep....
and had more issues with tial products then the copys. and yet tail wouldnt stand behind there product.

they have logged just over 10k on this very kit.

issues....none yet.

not every one has fab skills...not every one has 5k plus for a turbo kit, plus install , fuel mods, tune and so on.
Old 03-29-2010, 10:20 PM
TECH Junkie

I have some hot parts for sale that keep a/c

https://ls1tech.com/forums/eastern-c...hot-parts.html
Old 03-29-2010, 11:28 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I think you will find the cheap kit is a myth. Especially for twins where you have to get two turbos, two gates, usually two blow offs. And I have had genuine tial in many of my cars , talons, etc with no troubles at all with them. I would never buy knock off crap knowingly. Was very mad at aps for selling knock offs and their attitude and after sale service is dismal. Fortunately the problems with the kit expect for the turbos are pretty easily fixed.And there are options for better turbos although some options are not cheap.

Unless a person has great fabrication skills and time it is much better to just buy a kit. Used aps kit , tti kit, and kytp and modular have been around here a long time.

But if you think you are going to do an fi build for really cheap then good luck. And don't cry when you knock off gate takes out your engine, your knock off blow off leaks like a pig and don't work worth crap, your cheap knock off turbos self destruct almost immediately,your crap clamps are always blowing off and your cheap silicone is also always blowing off or tearing. And your turbo headers are cracking as is your cheaply welded piping. And your cheap intercooler leaks like a pig or has massive inefficiency.

I did see one reasonably budget single turbo build at our local track. It worked not bad and was running low 11s at like 125. Decent for sure. He had master power turbo ,jgs blow off and gate I think. He fabricated a lot of the kit and bought some of the parts think off ebay. This was on a third gen. He sold the car and never did hit a 10. But also think the third gens have more room than the fourths.
Old 03-29-2010, 11:33 PM
FormerVendor

Agreed.

To Gearhead559:

What's your point?

Its obvious that you either own or work for nonsponser. If you want to showcase your products on this forum you need to contact the website owners and become a sponsor.

If you would like to further defend your products and/or "not even started F body turbo kits" you need to contact the website owners and become a sponsor.

I know that it sounds like Josh & I are being dicks, but the reality is that we don't appreciate it when non-sponsors post up their products. If you were us you would feel the same way.

Now lets squash this before it gets out of hand and we further ruin the OP's thread.

PS to the OP I'm sorry for letting this tangent off to where it has.

Now back to the topic at hand.
Complete Turbo Kits:
TTI (single kit w/ on-center turbine housing I think?)
Kentucky Turbo (single or twin whatever you want)
ModularTurbo (twin only till summer)
APS (used since they no longer make em)
SpeedInc (I think)
Vengeance (I think)

If anyone has anymore options or can clarify please add info.

thanks for reading,
Rob@modularturbo

Last edited by smokinHawk; 03-30-2010 at 07:30 AM. Reason: nonsponser name was strickened.
Old 03-30-2010, 01:32 AM
TECH Enthusiast

no worries, thanks for the replies ! @Rob, any pricing and details on the single kit thats going to debut this summer? I dont want to have to cut anything and would like to not relocate anything, but im pretty sure i would have to at least move the fans?
Old 03-30-2010, 05:56 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by ModularTurbo
Agreed.

To Gearhead559:

What's your point?

Its obvious that you either own or work for nonsponser. If you want to showcase your products on this forum you need to contact the website owners and become a sponsor.

If you would like to further defend your products and/or "not even started F body turbo kits" you need to contact the website owners and become a sponsor.

I know that it sounds like Josh & I are being dicks, but the reality is that we don't appreciate it when non-sponsors post up their products. If you were us you would feel the same way.

Now lets squash this before it gets out of hand and we further ruin the OP's thread.

PS to the OP I'm sorry for letting this tangent off to where it has.

Now back to the topic at hand.
Complete Turbo Kits:
TTI (single kit w/ on-center turbine housing I think?)
Kentucky Turbo (single or twin whatever you want)
ModularTurbo (twin only till summer)
APS (used since they no longer make em)
SpeedInc (I think)
Vengeance (I think)

If anyone has anymore options or can clarify please add info.

thanks for reading,
Rob@modularturbo
i dont have a issue with that. but i dont own it. and i dont get paid to help that company. this is a ls1tech right...didnt see a big deal with posting a link to mustang turbo kits. and the fact i know they may be coming out with a ls1 kit, figured what the hell. i have info to share here, that most dont know about.(a few mods from here our on my local forum and can comfirm that aswell)
am rather salty about someone bashing a local company they no nothing about. they are cheap kits... nothing more. you want to spend more on a higher dollar kit, then go for it.
im salty about the extra infraction i got for posting my website in my info , where i was told by this forum to put it. maybe someone should change the wording to say " if not a ls1 tech sponsor, dont put **** here" hell i didnt even get a warning for it...i could see if i got a warning for it, i would have changed it..but i didnt get a warning. i just get a damn infraction. on top of the one i did deserve (i guess).

but you know as well as i do, lots of those ebay turbo kits get sold daily. but i dont see threads getting locked , and infractions handed out for those posting there builds of them here..hell that's free advertising for ebay and the place selling them right there!
Old 03-30-2010, 06:37 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by 01Blk*SS*
no worries, thanks for the replies ! @Rob, any pricing and details on the single kit thats going to debut this summer? I dont want to have to cut anything and would like to not relocate anything, but im pretty sure i would have to at least move the fans?
Our kit does not require the movement of anything, give me a call and I'll fill you in with the details.
Old 03-30-2010, 06:42 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Gearhead559
i dont have a issue with that. but i dont own it. and i dont get paid to help that company. this is a ls1tech right...didnt see a big deal with posting a link to mustang turbo kits. and the fact i know they may be coming out with a ls1 kit, figured what the hell. i have info to share here, that most dont know about.(a few mods from here our on my local forum and can comfirm that aswell)
am rather salty about someone bashing a local company they no nothing about. they are cheap kits... nothing more. you want to spend more on a higher dollar kit, then go for it.
im salty about the extra infraction i got for posting my website in my info , where i was told by this forum to put it. maybe someone should change the wording to say " if not a ls1 tech sponsor, dont put **** here" hell i didnt even get a warning for it...i could see if i got a warning for it, i would have changed it..but i didnt get a warning. i just get a damn infraction. on top of the one i did deserve (i guess).

but you know as well as i do, lots of those ebay turbo kits get sold daily. but i dont see threads getting locked , and infractions handed out for those posting there builds of them here..hell that's free advertising for ebay and the place selling them right there!

Who Cares. I have personaly pulled **** *** ON3Performance turbo kits of several Mustangs and supplied them with quality setups. Save that Junk for the Ford forums. This Is LS1TECH...
Old 03-30-2010, 06:48 PM
FormerVendor

If its not your company why did YOU just say "my website".

Quick Reply: List of complete Turbo Kits