Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

631rwhp/700rwtq QMP Project Formula

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2004, 12:35 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Awesome job Rob. Are you going after my stock shortblock record?
Nah Mike, just going after the stock ls1 engine record. What is it by the way? Has anyone made more than 631rwhp with a completely stock LS1 engine yet?

Do you guys still plan on going to the forged setup or are you gonna run the stocker until it gives?
I plan to run the stocker until it blows. Kinda curious at this point to see what lets go first.
We finished the new engine today actually. It's a 9:1 348ci alum block w/ARP main studs. Factory LS1 heads (not LS6 or 6.0) ported by TEA and o-ringed. ARP stock dia head studs, Stock gaskets (the same as we used on the Z last), Diamond forged pistons (fully thermal coated), Total Seal rings, Eagle Rods, custom QMP Turbo-Spec hydraulic roller cam, and stock crank. Our goal is 750-800rwhp with the same T76 turbo. Pics of the engine pieces as assembled will be on the Project Formula page later this evening.

I don't understand why anybody would claim that wasn't causing the drop off?
Because that's the kind of people they are....complainers. And anytime you can do something that they can't, they have to look for your weaknesses to take away the focus from their own inadequacies.

Drive that thing down to Florida and let it rip!!
Quote:
even gave a heavily modified Twin Turbo Supra a nice view of its' tail lights
You want to elaborate a little more on that?
Talked to the guy yesterday. Seems he has a single turbo conversion Supra that runs 7.0's in the 1/8 @ 100. He said he hasn't ran it 1/4 yet. But he was VERY surprised to see the tailights of a near-stock appearing "Firebird" out in front of him.

How are the injectors holding up?? Seems like you have a really safe A/F ratio with the car. Who makes the 57lb injectors?? I'm assuming that you are still using the 98PCM. Sorry for all the questions. I'm going to be doing a single turbo in my future. I have a 98 PCM. I really want to stay away from putting FAST on my car. I have the same power goals that your car is making.
Injectors are doing great so far. They are made by Siemens (<-Sp?) Apparently still have some more room left with them since we haven't max'd out the DC yet.
And yes, still using the stock PCM with LS1Edit for now.

Rob, how do you route things pcv wise to prevent pressurizing the crankcase at those boost levels???
Blackbird, we actually eliminate the pcv valve all together. I vent both valve covers with breathers only. Been doing the same thing on Turbo Buicks since 1987. Never any problems. Just the occasional "oil spatter" to clean up when the filters get saturated.

Hope that helps.
Old 01-05-2004, 02:03 AM
On The Tree

New pics added to the Project Formula page tonight. Pics of the TEA Heads, new 348ci engine, etc.....
Old 01-05-2004, 10:12 AM
TECH Resident

Hey Rob have you maxed out the MAF yet?
Old 01-05-2004, 01:04 PM
TECH Resident

WOW, those springs sure made a difference. I'm running stock springs and are having the same symptoms as you. At 5400 rpm I'm 575/560. By the time I've moved to 5800, it's a dismal 429/392. I need springs
Old 01-06-2004, 03:22 PM
TECH Apprentice

sweet, sweet, sweet..... can't say any more boost is awesome!!

Quick Reply: 631rwhp/700rwtq QMP Project Formula