Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Modular Turbo TWIN TURBO KIT!

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2010, 09:58 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ModularTurbo
Fitting two T4 78mm Q trim turbos against the side of an LS1 in an F body without making any sacrifices to stock amenities requires ALOT of Tom Foolery!!!! LOL

call me and I'll explain.
can you email me picture of turbos on car.

bigbirdws6@yahoo.com

and i will call you tomorrow.

thanks
D
Old 11-23-2010, 06:44 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

there are pics in our first TT kit thread titled "this might be a bad idea but..."
Old 11-24-2010, 12:06 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Post #45 of this thread.
Old 12-21-2010, 05:55 PM
FormerVendor

We needed to relocate the coolant recovery tank to make room for the right side air filter. Real estate is getting hard to come by but thankfully this is the last major thing to find a home for. There was just enough room to put the coolant recovery on the front of the intercooler water tank. It worked out very nicely holding 1 gallon; it has the same capacity as the stock tank and we, as well as the customers, are killing 2 birds with one stone. I only have to mount 1 part that is doing the double duty. The way it works, you will run 3/8 nylon tubing from the hose that went to the factory recovery tank to the push-to-connect fitting in new tank. It is hooked to a dip tube that allows the radiator to push coolant into the tank and recover it when needed. The other fitting is a 3/8 hose barb, which is the vent. You will run a 3/8 rubber hose from the barb and out the bottom of the spare tire well.
Attached Thumbnails Modular Turbo TWIN TURBO KIT!-intercooler-tank-w-cr.jpg   Modular Turbo TWIN TURBO KIT!-dip-tube.jpg   Modular Turbo TWIN TURBO KIT!-c-r-top-veiw.jpg  
Old 12-21-2010, 08:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

Unsuscribing, I can not wait any longer for this to hit the market.
Old 12-21-2010, 11:07 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Texas_WS6
lmfao don't give up so quickly. Maybe this May you'll get to buy an awesome product
Old 12-22-2010, 12:36 AM
9 Second Club

Received 64 Likes on 54 Posts

You really need to get this thing done Rob....

Everyone understands R & D but..... this long in the making is gunna worry people about how long it will take to get their kits once orders are being taken.

GET IT TOGETHER MATE!! Being a Coast Guard you should know you got to act QUICKLY =p
Old 12-22-2010, 10:34 AM
FormerVendor

Fellas,

I know you are anxious and possibly angry that it has taken this long, I am too.
Its perfectly normal. Something this awesome is going to make you feel that way if you have to wait awhile for it.

All I can say is that we have shifted gears on the kit about 3 weeks ago, we are now working full time on it, everything else that we had on our plates has now been pushed aside. You can expect 2 kits ready for sale soon.

Also don't forget that it has seemed longer than usual because you the community have known of it since it was just an idea. Most of the time you don't hear about new products until shortly before their release. We needed your input in the beginning stages of design so we had to let the cat out of the bag much sooner than most other companies might have done so.

thanks
Rob & Chris
Old 12-22-2010, 10:44 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Texas_WS6
x2 My money is spent, so I can't buy the kit. Maybe in the future after tax time or something. Hit me up in my email Chris of anything new.
Old 12-22-2010, 08:08 PM
TECH Resident

I have spoken with Rob (briefly) and Chris at great length.

Chris, as you can see with his machining, has an immense attention to detail. I have the utmost faith that this product will be everything we're expecting and more.

I really believe they are trying to do things "correctly" to be in the turbo game a long time instead of becoming another cliché F-Body turbo company.

Good luck Rob and Chris... Talk to you soon.

-Wade
Old 12-22-2010, 09:49 PM
FormerVendor

thanks for the kind words much appreciated.
Old 12-24-2010, 08:33 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by cracker
I have spoken with Rob (briefly) and Chris at great length.

Chris, as you can see with his machining, has an immense attention to detail. I have the utmost faith that this product will be everything we're expecting and more.

I really believe they are trying to do things "correctly" to be in the turbo game a long time instead of becoming another cliché F-Body turbo company.

Good luck Rob and Chris... Talk to you soon.

-Wade
I understand all of what you are saying and I talk to to Chris also since he is 20 minutes from me. The first thread goes all the way back to Oct. 2008 and the second thread goes back to April of this year and still no kit. I have no doubt in Chris' work. His fab skills a second to none.

The problem I have is that in a previous post, after all this time, they decide just 3 weeks ago that they are working full time on this kit. They couldn't have had that much on their plate for that length of time from April til now to say they are free and clear of all their other work and they can now work on it full time. Time is money and so far they have lost Texas_WS6 and I am out until I can get my savings back up because of time(getting married next year). I am not out completely but it won't be until July of next year before I can say I can pull the trigger on this kit. It might be longer.

Good luck and keep up the good work Chris and Rob. Lets see some good numbers from the real street cars from this kit!
Old 12-24-2010, 12:09 PM
FormerVendor

It's cool bud, I don't look at it as losing money. If we rushed it and made a mistake that would "lose money" more than missing a potential customer.

Also Chris and I both have full time jobs other than the performance work that we perform. Just recently Chris has removed himself from all other engagements in order to bring this thing to market, now that all of the R&D is finished.

I mistakenly announced release dates that I shouldn't have. Small design tweaks and production processes kept pushing things back, also it has been an enormous financial burden on both of us.

Chris and I have put our butts on the line to make this happen. We will have 2 kits ready shortly. If you want to guarantee that you get one you had better call now, we will only be making 2 a month.

To 87silverbullett: We will most definitely be around when you are ready, and thanks for the compliment. You are 100% correct Chris Bounds is an amazing fabricator, machinist, and Master-of-all trades automotive.

Some little things you guys might want to know...

Chris has spent countless hours performing many trivial experiments pertaining to this kit. One that sticks out in my mind was borrowing a friends truck for the week so that he could test oil levels in the oil pan of a 6.0 in order choose the correct oil drain point for the kit. Its these small details that have taken so much time to perfect. When you buy this kit you will not only see these things, but when you install it you will experience them. Many of the processes that took us weeks to figure out you may not even notice, because your install flowed so smoothly.
Hell, Chris drove 2 hours once to pick up all the different bell housings that bolt to LS motors in order to assert whether or not the kit would fit them all.

In short "the devil is in the details".......

Thanks for reading,
Rob & Chris
Old 12-31-2010, 08:59 AM
Launching!

I mistakenly announced release dates that I shouldn't have. Small design tweaks and production processes kept pushing things back, also it has been an enormous financial burden on both of us.
I think those who truly need to run this kit will be fine with waiting. Thats not the problem.

I think many people were seriously ready to pull the trigger on your "budget"
kits at the previous quoted 3000+shipping single and 4000 for the twins. Now as a customer who read most of two 15+ page threads prices are more like 6 for the single and 8 for the twins.

So I don't think your mistake was your original ETA but under estimating the amount you need to charge in order to make it worthwhile.
Old 01-01-2011, 02:05 PM
FormerVendor

The price went up because the kit radically changed.

It started out as a single turbo hotside only kit.
Old 01-07-2011, 07:45 PM
TECH Resident

There has been a change of plans with the intercooler water pump.

Chris determined in the beginning stages of the build, that the Rule 2000 was more than enough pump for the system. Chris designed the tank to hold at least 5 gallons, be easy to install, and fit like a glove.
All of those goals where met and exceeded, the tank actually has a 6.2 gallon capacity.

After we posted what we intended on using some of you posted that you wanted a bigger pump. Chris and I discussed it thoroughly and he said: "It’s not that much more money for the 3700, and the 4000 is the same size and only about $10.00 more. So we would just put a 4000 in the tank to keep everyone happy.

Last week we discovered that the 3700 or 4000 wouldn’t fit through the hole in the tank where the lid mounts.
He also said that he would look into revising the top of the tank in order to fit a larger lid so the bigger pumps would fit through the hole.

Chris called me Saturday night from a race at Hub city Dragway in Hattiesburg MS.

There were bunch of turbo cars running the 5.0 index (1/8th mile) and he spoke of a Camaro there, with a 632 BBC with a tiny little 500 GPH Attwood tsunami bilge pump like this one

http://www.attwoodmarine.com/store/p...500gph-12-volt

The owner of the vehicle was using this pump for his intercooler and transmission cooler.
There was also a Mustang running the 5.0 index and he was using a Rule 800 GPH live well pump. This car was using this pump for the intercooler. After the water passed thru the intercooler it was run thru the motor as well.

This particular car did not have a radiator, it used the water from the intercooler system to cool the motor.

After seeing these cars that are capable of running 4.50’s using, what most would think of as "way to small a pump" he said redesigning the tank for a bigger pump made no sense to him.

Seeing this has strengthened are resolve pertaining to using the Rule 2000.
It's more than enough pump.

So in conclusion the Kits will have a Rule 2000 pump.

thanks for reading,
Rob & Chris
Modular Turbo & CBR Performance Products
I'm of the opinion that just because it works for 5 second in a drag car doesn't mean it'll work in a street car...

I don't have any proof of this and I could be wrong but it just seems like a needless worry...by all means I hope it works. Will you still make the opening larger in the tank just in case it doesn't?
Old 01-08-2011, 09:48 AM
FormerVendor

yes the opening is large enough to replace the pump if need be.
Old 01-08-2011, 02:40 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Lythropus
I'm of the opinion that just because it works for 5 second in a drag car doesn't mean it'll work in a street car...

I don't have any proof of this and I could be wrong but it just seems like a needless worry...by all means I hope it works. Will you still make the opening larger in the tank just in case it doesn't?
If you are worried about it use a pump off a 03 Cobra, Gt500, or Lightning. They are very reliable and I've used one on a 09' Hummer H2 Twin Turbo we built. The heat exchanger was at the rear of the truck (underneath) and that little pump was all we used to go through a PT1500 A/W, Reservoir, and all the way to the *** end.

Very effective.

-W

Last edited by smokinHawk; 01-10-2011 at 07:16 AM. Reason: non sponser url
Old 01-09-2011, 10:08 AM
On The Tree

how about sponsering a military guy that will be a weekend racer

That also does powdercoating and ceramic coating - I can give you guys a good price to coat all your kits
Old 01-09-2011, 10:35 AM
FormerVendor

Of course, we have a military discount. The lower your rank the more the discount just like MWR LOL.

E1-E4 5%
E5-E9 3%
O1-UP no discount LOL you make enough already

US Coast Guard - 5% (I had to throw this one in)

Quick Reply: Modular Turbo TWIN TURBO KIT!