Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Modular Turbo TWIN TURBO KIT!

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2010, 08:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

Location: Born/Raised North East, MD Lived in VA, NC, MI Back in Yorktown, Va
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow rob who did you **** off in here. man finally comes out with something nice for a fbody and its a damn myth. this thing is as real as santa clause............................................ ....................What santa isnt real?? well damn...

LOL no bullshit guys i got a call two months ago when this thing just got started. theres no myths here

Keep up the good work rob!
Old 04-06-2010, 08:17 PM
TT-TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I saw the pictures in the other thread they started on page 19 so you don't have to read though all the Bullshit to see what he is offering as a kit. I have been watching and waiting to see some final products before I make any coments on what I have seen etc... So lets see some mythical final product pictures LOL!
Old 04-06-2010, 09:36 PM
FormerVendor

I all can say is that the kit will speak for it itself.

We are working feverishly to get it out to you guys.
Old 04-06-2010, 10:56 PM
Old Drag Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The kit is definitely real. They are just making sure that everything can be duplicated over and over again the same way. That's taking time. If this was a one off project it would have been done a long time ago. I'm waiting for the finished project just like everyone else is. Rob is very meticulous in everything he does. He won't do something unless it meets his standards which are very high. It won't be long now. I talk to him on a daily basis about this kit. My car is not going to be the first as all demand will be met before one goes on my car. Hang in there just a little while longer everyone. I promise it will be worth it.
Old 04-07-2010, 03:31 AM
TECH Addict

I can't believe, with all this **** about there not being a kit, that nobody has posted up the pics from the other thread.

I took the liberty of going through the old thread and quoting the pics and kind of cliffs-noting their captions. Even though I did this I still think it would be a good idea to look through the old thread.

ModularTurbo: I hope you don't mind, I thought this would be a good idea.

This first quote is from 03-02-2010
Originally Posted by ModularTurbo
Our fabricator god bless him, has been putting over 60 hours a week into this project since December and I wouldn't be doing him any justice for all his blood, sweat, and tears if I didn't wait until there was a finished piece of his awesome work to show off. But here is a taste!!!!!!!!!

The following picture is over 3 months old and shows an incomplete part of the driver side hotside.

The following picture is over 2.5 months old and shows an incomplete part of the passenger side hotside. Notice that the turbo is NOT clocked to its final position.

The following picture is over 3 months old and shows an incomplete part of the driver side hotside with a Turbonetics MC78 bolted up and living free LOL. Notice that the turbo is NOT clocked to its final position.

This picture is the passenger side hotside bolted up in the car. Again the turbo is not clocked to its final position.

This final picture is the passenger hotside bolted up to our mock up engine.

All of these pics are progress picks so don't go beating us up about it. I only posted them to give you guys a taste, since you were berating me for pics.

This quote is from 03-17-2010
Here are a few pic’s of the passenger side oil drain. We originally were going to place the oil drain in the same
location as APS. My fabricator was not satisfied with this and told me that he would find a better way, just give him some time to get it straight. He told me this afternoon that he was going to drill and tap the pan in the concave area right across from the turbo drain. He said this would cure all of the issues with the passenger side drain.

This quote is from 03-25-2010
K member gettin' buttoned up today

Nice pick of the M/T mini starter too!

This quote is from 03-28-2010
down pipes are finished!!!!

This quote is from 03-28-2010
here is the other side

Old 04-07-2010, 11:29 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I don't know Chris Bounds personally (fabricator of this kit w/ Modular Turbo) but I know of him since whrere he lives is 20 minutes from me. He is close to our racing circle of friends. If you would see his twin turbo s10 run, you would dump whatever you got and buy this new kit when it comes out. Chris has built some badass top notch **** over the years and from just recently talking to him this will be no different.

I have a whole OFI hotside in my possesion and I am considering selling it for this kit. When this kit is ready for production I will have one of these kits on my car.

I know how Chris operates and he would want us to have a top notch kit and to not have us cut our cars up to get a turbo system on our cars.

Remember how the old saying goes: "Good things come to those who wait"
Old 04-07-2010, 08:50 PM
FormerVendor

Thanks for posting the pics for me. I would also like to note that the pictures were taken during the designing stage and do not reflect the final production version. ( please forgive the dust and rust LOL )
Old 04-08-2010, 12:01 AM
On The Tree

2 questions for you. how much would these kits have to be modified to fit a GTO out of curiosity? and will there be any kind of a step upgrade program so that if you buy the X1 kit and later decide you want another snail, you only need to buy a few different pipes and another turbo, rather than a whole new kit?
Old 04-08-2010, 08:22 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by pber13
2 questions for you. how much would these kits have to be modified to fit a GTO out of curiosity? and will there be any kind of a step upgrade program so that if you buy the X1 kit and later decide you want another snail, you only need to buy a few different pipes and another turbo, rather than a whole new kit?
the single kit is upgradeable to the twin kit. He said that in the last thread about the kit.
Old 04-08-2010, 11:36 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by Lilsbc
the single kit is upgradeable to the twin kit. He said that in the last thread about the kit.
Correct!!!!!

And I haven't tried bolting it up to a GTO, give me your car for a while and I'll try it.
Old 04-08-2010, 02:52 PM
Closed ex-Sponsor Account

Correct!!!!!
Am i missing something or how can it be changed from a single to twins since each turbo has a dedicated log manifold? There is no provisions for a crossover that i can see? The pics look like the twin kit correct? where is the turbo on the single kit?

and for the posted prices does that include ceramic coating of the entire hotside?
Old 04-08-2010, 10:05 PM
FormerVendor

The driverside turbo assembly is the single kit, but with a provision that is not shown for a crossover which is also not shown. When you upgrade to the twin you simply install a supplied block off plate and remove the crossover, then install the passenger side turbo assembly. Presto you are now twin turbo!!

We are going to hi temp paint them, if you want ceramic coating its extra.
Old 04-09-2010, 06:29 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Lilsbc
oops. must have missed that in the 20+ page thread... lol.

Correct!!!!!

And I haven't tried bolting it up to a GTO, give me your car for a while and I'll try it.
I'll sure let you know when I get my hands on one...! will I get a discount for being a guinea pig car?
Old 04-09-2010, 07:55 AM
TECH Fanatic

Hey Rob how about the TBSS And no Rob, was just joking. I might want to see what you have for a C6Z in about 2 years though. What is the biggest turbine that can be used with the single kit though. If I do the 408, I am curious on what size the hot side will be able to handle?
Old 04-09-2010, 08:47 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

Are future kits going to be tig welded?
Old 04-09-2010, 09:32 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by DVS99TRANS
Hey Rob how about the TBSS And no Rob, was just joking. I might want to see what you have for a C6Z in about 2 years though. What is the biggest turbine that can be used with the single kit though. If I do the 408, I am curious on what size the hot side will be able to handle?
TBSS kit FTW!!!
Old 04-09-2010, 10:13 PM
FormerVendor

I'll tell you what if you guys want a twin kit for an LS powered vehicle just call me with a deposit and 10 other buyers and We'll make it!!!! LOL

seriously we'll make it...
Old 04-09-2010, 10:16 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by RealQuick
Are future kits going to be tig welded?
The headers are TIG welded 304 stainless for heat transfer and corrosion, the down pipe assemblies are MIG welded and are made from aluminized steel.
Old 04-10-2010, 01:53 AM
TECH Regular

looks awasome, cant wait to see it rollin around on a car

any chance on an lt1 style set up? <3
Old 04-10-2010, 06:16 PM
11 Second Club

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

i would really like to see how the single turbo set up will be...those are the pics that most people here need.

Quick Reply: Modular Turbo TWIN TURBO KIT!