Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Large FMIC ??

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2010, 02:41 PM
OWN3D BY MY PROF!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You could simply buy an Ebay core, chop the ends off, and have 3.5 inlets / outlets welded on. It would be the most cost effective path to going about this unless you can find a shelf unit for less.
Old 04-29-2010, 03:23 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We cannot compete with chinese made stuff on price. This is a top of the line Garret core and the end tanks are hand fab'd and welded.
Old 04-29-2010, 03:28 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Steve Burger
We cannot compete with chinese made stuff on price. This is a top of the line Garret core and the end tanks are hand fab'd and welded.

Oh I understand that...and I dont mind paying mor for quality stuff...I'm just wondering how much of a performance gain i'll notice for my wallet being that much lighter thats all. I'm sure the ebay intercooler doesnt flow as well but I'm just wondering if there is anything noticeable to be gained
Old 04-29-2010, 05:58 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by gt35built
That intercooler looks almost identical to the ones on ebay. Probably is. And ebay probably sells them slightly cheaper, so thats how he got it cheaper than 160.
The ebay bar and plate core is differant than frozen boost. plus some of the ebay ones burst at at low psi. im not trying to say all on ebay are shitty just be careful.
Old 04-29-2010, 06:51 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

The Chiseled unit will have a lot less presure drop across the core and WILL NOT burst under high boost. You should also notice a lower charge temp out of the IC. How much depends on what is going in. It's all relative.

Warranty is another strong point in our favor.

Quick Reply: Large FMIC ??