Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

what are you guys coating your manifolds /headers with

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2010 | 02:05 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JET-HOT
The "dull silverish" is our Sterling and/or the Extreme Sterling that has been overheated and cooked the metallic’s out of the coating. We NEVER recommend this coating on turbos but it is the choice of the customer what coating the end up going with. I understand that you would like everything under your hood to look nice and shiny for the bling effect although in a lot of cases a turbo heat will exceed the limits of the coating and cause the dullness. Once this happens just the same surface rust is more apt to form as the coating is now fully exposed to the elements.

The blue color you are talking about is no longer just blue. It is also in black and a dark gray. It is the Jet-Hot 2000, it is a ruff style finish almost like a sand paper and the coating is good to 2450 degrees. THIS is what we try to put all turbo guys into although it is your finial choice what you opt for on your parts.
That must be it. I dont know, ive just always been told its jet hot coating lol. Like I said,t he blue stuff i've seen lasts. Maybe people just dont realize the difference?