Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Centrifugals, bearing wear, and crank snouts

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2019, 08:44 AM
9 Second Club

Received 180 Likes on 155 Posts

12 rib on a P1 ? And a broken crank ?

Something really inst adding up there.

Some more details of exactly what is going on...and what was built and by whom ( and why ) might be helpful.
Old 05-10-2019, 09:39 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

12 rib pulley attached to ati dampener running a 8 rib belt sense the p1 had 8 rib pulley and we where planning on upgrading head unit to a f1 in near future guy at house of boost said it would work and he would recommend it for a more easy transition to the f1 unit in near future engine was built for boost application the plan from the beginning was to add the f1 head unit in the very near future ls2 block forged boosted pistons forged rods stock crank king race bearing head and main studs high volume oil pump aftermarket oil pan I mean their was major work done to it list goes on but the guy claims the procharger locked up on the dyno at 4700 rpms causing the crank snout and water pump brake he is blaming it all on procharger but I just do not see it going down like that I do know procharger can lock up but wouldn't the belt just brake instead of crank snout and water pump guy who built it is named bryan couch working out of Parrish motorsports in daleville Al
Old 05-10-2019, 11:42 AM
9 Second Club

Received 180 Likes on 155 Posts

https://www.thepunctuationguide.com/

What this "builder" is describing is probably about the least likely out of all possibilities.

Quick Reply: Centrifugals, bearing wear, and crank snouts