Anyone ever had this problem?

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2010 | 07:49 PM
11 Second Club

The security light does come on for a few seconds at first and then goes out
Old 05-19-2010 | 05:50 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 02NavyBlueZ
It also needs to TURN OVER lol. I think you may have missed the part where he said NOTHING happens, as in the starter is not even turning/engaging. I'd be willing to bet it's the solenoid. If you've checked the respective wiring. Next time it happens, if you can get to the starter solenoid wire with a Multimeter while someone tries to start it and make sure your getting voltage to the solenoid while keys in cranking position that will eliminate the possibility of it being computer/relay/electronic related and you know it is something mechanical i.e the solenoid itself.
I did miss that....
Old 05-19-2010 | 10:39 AM
TECH Fanatic

in January i had my starter completely **** the bed in the LMR parking lot. went from working fine to nothing, not just nothing, i mean NOTHING. no noise, no click, zero. even had all the LMR techs stumped because bad starters almost always make noise, nope. theres a single purple wire connection on top of the passenger fender, its the signal wire for the starter, unplug the connection and give it 12 volts, if the motor doesnt twirl key on or off, then bad starter.
Old 05-19-2010 | 06:35 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by CarsandWomen
in January i had my starter completely **** the bed in the LMR parking lot. went from working fine to nothing, not just nothing, i mean NOTHING. no noise, no click, zero. even had all the LMR techs stumped because bad starters almost always make noise, nope. theres a single purple wire connection on top of the passenger fender, its the signal wire for the starter, unplug the connection and give it 12 volts, if the motor doesnt twirl key on or off, then bad starter.
I didn't think of that. When it does it next time Ill try the purple wire thanks

Quick Reply: Anyone ever had this problem?