Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Dynamic Boost Compression

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2010, 07:17 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Dynamic Boost Compression

I'm trying to study before I ask stupid questions but I have nothing to compare against. Any of you guys running 10-12psi boost on stock bottom ends done the calculations to see what your dynamic boost compression is? Just trying to get a baseline.
Old 05-14-2010, 07:56 AM
Restricted User

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by rich5368
I'm trying to study before I ask stupid questions but I have nothing to compare against. Any of you guys running 10-12psi boost on stock bottom ends done the calculations to see what your dynamic boost compression is? Just trying to get a baseline.
Why do you care? You can run your numbers thru 3 different DCR calculators and come up with 3 different numbers. You're over thinking ****. Let me give you a game plan. Search out all the FI build threads and read them carefully. Yes, it's alot of reading and many are incomplete in that the build never finished or the original poster never posted results at the end. Just skim thru to the end to see if there are results and then go back and read it carefull. Find the one that is most similar to your goals and copy the recipe. Takes the guess work out of it and at the end, you have something to compare to in order to determine if your setup is running correctly. Like a point of reference.
Old 05-14-2010, 09:11 AM
TECH Regular

You're right I'm over thinking but I tend to do that when there's $10k involved lol.
Old 05-14-2010, 01:17 PM
Restricted User

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by rich5368
You're right I'm over thinking but I tend to do that when there's $10k involved lol.
That's why you read those threads. Every mistake that can be made has usually already been made. Mistakes equal money. Whether it be because you broke something or because you bought the wrong thing. Here are my 2 build threads since I've been turbo. Can't be done for much less money either.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/forced-in...ld-w-pics.html

https://ls1tech.com/forums/forced-in...olds-pt88.html
Old 05-14-2010, 01:33 PM
TECH Regular

Thanks for the help. Lol your build is quite a bit more than I'm looking to do. Very impressive though. I'm only looking to run around 10psi. I'm just pinging cuz I've never built a blown motor let alone a V-8.
Old 05-14-2010, 06:47 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by 98Z28CobraKiller
That's why you read those threads. Every mistake that can be made has usually already been made. Mistakes equal money. Whether it be because you broke something or because you bought the wrong thing. Here are my 2 build threads since I've been turbo. Can't be done for much less money either.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/forced-in...ld-w-pics.html

https://ls1tech.com/forums/forced-in...olds-pt88.html
He is right!

You can learn alot from reading what people have done, and the first lesson build it STRONG!

It isn't the boost that breaks things it is power and power is addicting! You will see 12 psi that makes 500 rwhp and 800 rwhp in another build.

Detonation is a big enemy, happy reading

Good luck
Old 05-14-2010, 07:54 PM
TECH Regular

I have gathered that detonation is the bad guy. Now I get to read and learn how to avoid it

Quick Reply: Dynamic Boost Compression