Old 05-24-2010, 03:20 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Link to my AIS system.

http://www.alcoholinjectionsystems.c...duct_info.html
Old 05-25-2010, 12:05 AM
OWN3D BY MY PROF!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Beyond saying what you have I think people should add why they chose that kit.
Old 05-25-2010, 07:50 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Beaflag VonRathburg
Beyond saying what you have I think people should add why they chose that kit.
I agree

And maybe whether they have a street car that see's occasional boost, or a all out "to the wall" street/strip car
Old 05-25-2010, 10:05 AM
TECH Fanatic

The devils own system I just received a few days ago, is remarkablly similar to the AIS system posted in the link. About 100+ $ less though. I did a trunk mounted 2.5 gallon tank, with two nozzles. Other then the color of the fittings, very little difference. The do kit uses a Y fitting instead of t's. Even the discriptions are similar.

I use my stuff on primarely street cars, running 91 octane and big boost, on lots of stock bottom ends. The turbo van (heavy) runs 15-18 psi on a stock bottom end 5.3...making around 700 at the crank. I do like running distilled with 50% meth versus windshield fluid. If you drive it a lot its ok, but if you let it sit sometimes, the distilled and meth wont gum up the pump.

The do controller is also very small....about the size of a pack of matches...so its easy to recess into dash somewhere.
Old 05-25-2010, 11:32 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Have you started trying to "dial it in" yet.
Can you (on any of these kits) simply set it to the psi where you want it to come on, and then set top boost and let it work the progression between the points, or have to set the progression and "dial it in"

I liked the devils own AND Snow kits (great prices) but according to the poll , there's a CLEAR favorite.
Old 05-25-2010, 11:46 AM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My only experience is with alky control. My self and 2 of my friends have this kit. Mine witch is more of a track car and is my no means leaned out or has tons of timing in it. The system works very well as designed and I have heard of very little problems with the kits.

My buddy MikeP2002 has a prochraged vett monster street car that makes north of 770 rwhp and gets driven constantly and beat on constantly runs a dual nozzel Akly control and his has yet to skip a beat or have a problem either. I like the alkycontrol system for the nice clean install and being able to use the washer tank for the meth tank. Makes for a very clean install.

My other friends is a more mild setup and his also performs well.

There I hope that is more of a reason why to get this kit than others.

I also bought this kit from the suggestion of my tuner who said Alky control and no other. I also run 100% Meth as do both of my buddies
Old 05-25-2010, 02:57 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by AFASTYZFR1
Alkycontrol
Me 2. Plus Julio @ Alky is a VERY knowledgeable guy if you have any questions.

Reasons I chose it over Snow - uses the washer tank & Julio's support

I was using it to add fuel when I had a single Walbro, but now with my Nasty Stage 3 it's just keeping things safe & maybe adding a little power. (@15 psi & 20* timing at 6500) I'm just your regular weekend warrior so driveablility is key for me.....and blowing the doors off anything I come across.

Last edited by WAHUSKER; 05-25-2010 at 03:05 PM.
Old 05-25-2010, 06:22 PM
Formerly 4mulaJoe

It's hard to find someone not happy with their Alky Control kit. I disagree that progressive is not the way to go. I would recommend for centrifugal blower cars every time. It depends on the boost curve with others.
Old 05-26-2010, 11:49 AM
TECH Regular

I have a 04 ctsv with a intercooled maggie...about 6 lbs of boost...do i need a controller for meth or a tune? im gonna get the devilsown kit but need to know if i need the universal kit or the ls1 controller kit...$240 vs $375
Old 05-26-2010, 04:28 PM
TECH Apprentice

I went with Devils Own, mainly for the small controller. I was able to modify my window switch panel to accept their controller. Their support is always top notch. I use a Magnacharger GTO coolant reservoir that sits over the batt as my Meth tank.

Old 05-27-2010, 09:18 AM
TECH Enthusiast

That's a good looking install 727

OK, the members have spoken (and are still speaking) and it looks like they have OVERWHELMINGLY picked ALKY
Based on that info along with some other info (like one of the above listed vendors taking over a week to get back to me) I guess I will go with the ALKY system.
The only lingering question is whether or not this obviously well designed system, is overkill on a pure street car. The thought of spending almost TWICE as much on a system than the others cost, if the others are capable, is daunting
Old 05-27-2010, 10:15 AM
FormerVendor

You literally get what you pay for.

It's the kit that is on 9.5 out of 10 of all of the forced induction street cars that I tune.
Old 05-27-2010, 11:14 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Then I guess I'll just suck it up and eat sandwiches for a couple months and get the good stuff.

Thanks
Old 05-27-2010, 11:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

Does anyone have hard data?

At 18 psi on a 5.3 with 50/50 the awd turbo 5.3 see 61 degree IATs with a DO kits. It drops to 78 as the light flickers on then goes to 65 then works down to 61 degrees at the end of a full pass. Thats starting at 110 degree iat with ambient around 85-90.

Thats a single nozzle with it coming on at 5 psi full on at 11psi.
Old 05-28-2010, 10:18 AM
Turbo Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a snow MAF kit although I have spoken to Julio from alkycontrol and even though I am using a competitors product, he still was kind enough to talk to me and give tech help for about 45mins...that says a lot. I may just make the switch one day...depending on what happens with my ride.
You can use your washer reservoir with the Snow kit...MM has been using his for years and I was as well up until I ran out of room for my washer res with the griffin radiator mod.
The main reason I am using the Snow kit is because of the maf controller, even though my pcm has reached the maf freq limit, the maf still reads incoming/increasing air and adds methanol based on that....so it eases my tuning since it's all about airflow, not boost...and because I am still on a stock engine with not enough fuel or octane.
Old 05-28-2010, 10:27 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by RICE ETR
You can use your washer reservoir with the Snow kit...MM has been using his for years and I was as well up until I ran out of room for my washer res with the griffin radiator mod.....

The Alkycontrol kit will include a new washer tank that has been modified with methanol safe fittings (no leaks) and an installed low-level indicator in the new washer tank. If you don't want to lose your washer tank, Julio can set you up with a different tank that will fit that also has the low level indicator. The kit also includes a 2-color LED that is active when the pump is energized. It turns red at pump activation and it turns to green to let you know that there is methanol in the pressure side (pump outlet). All lines are braided and all fittings are solid metal; no stab in industrial air lines being used as a methanol conduit.

Jus sayin
Old 05-28-2010, 10:41 AM
Turbo Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Lol...Steve...P.S. thanks for all YOUR tuning support the other day on the phone..good stuff, much appreciated.
If I ever go away from the maf set-up, I may look at an alkycontrol kit...but either way I can't run the stock washer tank....no room anymore
I like the LED thing, that's a nice feature. Only issue is I have trained my eye to watch the WB...even over the road sometimes...as long as it's fat, I stay in it
Old 05-30-2010, 10:52 AM
TECH Regular

Absolutley no problems with my Snow progressive kit.
Old 05-30-2010, 01:10 PM
TECH Regular

My vote goes to DevilsOwn, great guy with a great product!
Old 06-01-2010, 11:51 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by RICE ETR
Lol...Steve...P.S. thanks for all YOUR tuning support the other day on the phone..good stuff, much appreciated.
If I ever go away from the maf set-up, I may look at an alkycontrol kit...but either way I can't run the stock washer tank....no room anymore
I like the LED thing, that's a nice feature. Only issue is I have trained my eye to watch the WB...even over the road sometimes...as long as it's fat, I stay in it
I have a MAF converter FWIW. Its used on like the C6 NA setups. The fastest NA C6 has one on it.

I like to be able and read from sensors. Once they're pinned, no longer do we have that capability.

Thanks Frost

Everyone wanting to buy a kit should contact the MFG and see how it lays out and ask the questions to be educated. From there they should base their decisions on what to do. Some when they buy something automatically it becomes the best because they bought it. Same arguement can be said over TV's, Cell Phones, or other technology. The problem with meth systems is if there is a failure, money saved comes back at you. Wont even get into the Chinese stuff floating around.

Example of questions....
Does my car need this?
If so, whats involved?
What mixture do you recommend? Straight, mix, non?
What maintenance is required?
How can I tell its working?
Filtering?
Low Level indication?
What gains can I expect?
What are pro's and cons of doing this to my vehicle/motor?

Quick Reply: Meth injection recommendation