Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Nelson Racing Engines

Old 06-18-2010, 05:53 AM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Zac_Speed

Hot Rod magazine is awesome, anyone who disagrees is a retard.
i think this statement tells us everything we need to know about you sir!!
Old 06-18-2010, 06:54 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Like any of you are more qualified to talk about his **** than I am(Shawn @ VA excluded)... Tards
Oh boy..
Old 06-18-2010, 07:14 AM
Teching In

Old 06-18-2010, 07:47 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow...

/discussion
Old 06-18-2010, 08:01 AM
Banned

I sure as hell wont let you school me on what a good looking vehicle looks like because that thing in your sig is Hidious...

Mirror turbos are more than just looks. It also helps with packaging restraints and ease of tuning. As well as cylinder bank to bank variations... SUCK IT

Like any of you are more qualified to talk about his **** than I am(Shawn @ VA excluded)... Tards
i think is car is very nice. but atleast it is a real car and not a video game picture.

and the whole mirred turbo thing you got going is bull ****. toons of fast as cars out there have more exhuast on one side or the other. not equal length mirrored ****.
Old 06-18-2010, 08:12 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Big_Bird_WS6
i think is car is very nice. but atleast it is a real car and not a video game picture.
Yeah but his sig says 98 camaro and his avatar is of an LT1 T/A???
Old 06-18-2010, 09:01 AM
7 Second Club

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I sure as hell wont let you school me on what a good looking vehicle looks like because that thing in your sig is Hidious...

Mirror turbos are more than just looks. It also helps with packaging restraints and ease of tuning. As well as cylinder bank to bank variations... SUCK IT

Thats some good ****, I hope your employer doesn't drug test cause if so your phucked.
Old 06-18-2010, 09:22 AM
Banned

^^^^ i totally missed his bottom line about being qualified. i guess ACS certified doesnt count any more. or built 4 high 9 sec cars. or Phil did you hear your not qualified. lol. lol.
Old 06-18-2010, 09:41 AM
7 Second Club

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Sounds like someone needs to lay off the booze.
Old 06-18-2010, 09:43 AM
TECH Junkie

"It also helps with packaging restraints and ease of tuning"

I could see that with equal lengths, when your tuning in the 0.0000000001 place...

VA speed does great work so does Nelson! Now i kinda forgot what this thread is about.
Old 06-18-2010, 10:23 AM
Launching!

Wow, you guys are a bunch of idiots... Shawn, so are you making your own turbos these days because the last time I checked you used other companies turbos? And I'm pretty sure Phil nor Big Bird makes their own turbos either... ASC qualifications don't make you more suited to talk about turbos. LOL

It's an LS1 T/A Smoke...

It's easy for you guys to talk **** when Nelson's not here to defend himself. SO many trolls...

ryabrough, funny that you post a pic of a troll when it's your first post in this thread... Are you trying to tell us something about yourself?

I sent Nelson a email, so maybe he can chime in and defend himself against all the **** talk...
Old 06-18-2010, 10:50 AM
SSU Moderator

This is so stupid. A) yes, duh, you can obviously do lots for less. no ****. B) if nelson can get 52k who the **** cares. you wouldn't?

Think about who's paying the 52k? They can, and will pay it. These are the same guys that have like Steilow build them a 69 camaro. STFU and let Nelson make his money. he builds really nice, well performing motors....and yes, you pay for the name, the look, and the time. if you can do it for less...do it. no ones stopping anyone. welcome to capitalism. thanks.
Old 06-18-2010, 10:52 AM
9 Second Club

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts

I have seen a LOT of big HP, fast *** turbo cars without mirrored turbos or equal length plumbing.

Sean
Old 06-18-2010, 11:05 AM
FormerVendor

Wow, you guys are a bunch of idiots... Shawn, so are you making your own turbos these days because the last time I checked you used other companies turbos? And I'm pretty sure Phil nor Big Bird makes their own turbos either... ASC qualifications don't make you more suited to talk about turbos. LOL

It's an LS1 T/A Smoke...

It's easy for you guys to talk **** when Nelson's not here to defend himself. SO many trolls...

ryabrough, funny that you post a pic of a troll when it's your first post in this thread... Are you trying to tell us something about yourself?

I sent Nelson a email, so maybe he can chime in and defend himself against all the **** talk...
nobody is talking **** about Nelson-in fact i said it was a pretty fair price.

The problem is you talking all of this **** about mirrored turbos and how much better they are.When you have some first hand knowledge of this instead of internet or magazine knowledge-and some proof of this-come see me.Until then there is really nothing to discuss.
Old 06-18-2010, 11:57 AM
TECH Fanatic

A few questions... Do you make your own turbos? Do you even own a turbo car? Have you ever? What makes you so knowledgable about them?

It's an LS1 T/A Smoke...
The lights do look like LT1 tails in that picture, but assuming it's your car, YOU WIN!!!

Noone has said anything negative. He makes a great product and packages/promotes/etc. it well.

I don't care if it's my first post or my 1,000th in this thread... I call 'em like I see 'em. It was only a matter of time before someone else called you a troll, so I did them a favor and took care of it myself.

Great! He would be a welcome member of this board. I'm sure he/his staff have plenty of useful knowledge to help this forum grow.
Old 06-18-2010, 01:10 PM

Default Nelson

Hi Guys i just joined up .I read the comments above I built the mirrored turbo mainly for packaging it always bugged me that you had to make two different headers intake conduits etc..To me it makes sense I also feel that any time you can make one side of the motor perform the same as the other side its a benefit for how the motor runs how much i don't no every app is different.its a arguement that could go on forever,But its a good idea and definetely not a negative.Mainly though its for the overall clean symetrical packaging you get from it.That was my push to create it.
On pricing i actually feel that our engines are priced very well because its not just an engine you get we give you the headers,intercoolers,fuel pumps,stand alone management ,ignition and its tuned.I hear alot lately that Nelson is only for the rich but the reality is if you are in the market for what we sell are packages are actually a bargain.I actually called some of well known builders in the industry to see what they sold there packages for and was suprised to hear most were quite a bit more exspensive and did not include headers or coolers.You don't realize it until you actually have to go threw a full build like this,and pay for the fab, the towing ,the tuning etc..Anyways its good to meet everyone it looks like this is quite a big forum and alot to learn from you guys.Thank you Zac for your interest in our products.
Old 06-18-2010, 01:51 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Tom Nelson
Hi Guys i just joined up .I read the comments above I built the mirrored turbo mainly for packaging it always bugged me that you had to make two different headers intake conduits etc..To me it makes sense I also feel that any time you can make one side of the motor perform the same as the other side its a benefit for how the motor runs how much i don't no every app is different.its a arguement that could go on forever,But its a good idea and definetely not a negative.Mainly though its for the overall clean symetrical packaging you get from it.That was my push to create it.
On pricing i actually feel that our engines are priced very well because its not just an engine you get we give you the headers,intercoolers,fuel pumps,stand alone management ,ignition and its tuned.I hear alot lately that Nelson is only for the rich but the reality is if you are in the market for what we sell are packages are actually a bargain.I actually called some of well known builders in the industry to see what they sold there packages for and was suprised to hear most were quite a bit more exspensive and did not include headers or coolers.You don't realize it until you actually have to go threw a full build like this,and pay for the fab, the towing ,the tuning etc..Anyways its good to meet everyone it looks like this is quite a big forum and alot to learn from you guys.Thank you Zac for your interest in our products.
wow I guess word travels fast on the net. Hmmmmmmmmmmm I call BS on this is actually him , anyone want to second that.
Old 06-18-2010, 01:56 PM
Banned

well BS or not. my 52 k would go to shawn and most other sponsors on here before it would go to Nelson.
Old 06-18-2010, 03:09 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by danger ds
wow I guess word travels fast on the net. Hmmmmmmmmmmm I call BS on this is actually him , anyone want to second that.
Im with you, gotta throw the flag on this one.

Last edited by LivingCanvas; 06-18-2010 at 04:38 PM.
Old 06-18-2010, 04:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

You guys are comparing apples to oranges.....LOl

Shawns clients are different from Nelsons. They may over lap slightly but in most cases they are different. That doesnt make one group better then the other, they are just different markets. Most of teh time, Shawns customers probably spend less, but probably put in more of their own time, on the car, on the set up, on the knowledge to own the car. Nelson probably deals with a slightly less versed customer (most of the time) Hot rodders that are busy at their primary business what ever that may be, and the hotrod takes a back seat. They still want it and have the funds....its actually cost savings to them because they make more then saving money on the build with their own time.

Just different.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Nelson Racing Engines