Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Thinking Of Boosting The Slowmaro....

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2010, 11:09 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Arrow Thinking Of Boosting The Slowmaro....

Alright before i even ask this question yes i have searched about Ebay kits but i havent seen/heard anything about this kit.....http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/97-02...Q5fAccessories......

I know the turbo is junk so i would most likely sell that anyways my question is how much power will this hold with a T76?!?!?!

Also if anybody has any info or experience with this kit please tell me what you thought about it....

Im somewhat a newb when it comes to boosting f-bodys but i have had a couple of turbo hondas (one of them was ebay boost) and i never had a problem with there stuff (so far) im just looking for a little info.....

Thanks....
Old 06-16-2010, 01:20 PM
Staging Lane

Just going to let you know. You ALWAYS get what you pay for. It only costs cheap because the materials are cheap and the design is not perfect.
Old 06-16-2010, 01:22 PM
Staging Lane

i know some kid who bought an ebay kit. Alot of the piping did not fit and had to be cut and rewelded. V band clamps would not seal then broke. Tons more problems. You don't want the headache.
Old 06-16-2010, 01:24 PM
TECH Resident

I had already figured that but i figured i'd give it a shot just to see it doesnt look to be to bad but it is from Ebay lol.....

I just like the design it doesnt look like it would have to many problems with clearence but you wont know until it gets put on the car.....
Old 06-16-2010, 03:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

if you do a search for "ebay kit" you'll find a ton of info on that kit...there are some definete pros and cons to it, you'll have to make your own decision.
Old 06-16-2010, 09:01 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by NightHawk
if you do a search for "ebay kit" you'll find a ton of info on that kit...there are some definete pros and cons to it, you'll have to make your own decision.
I did but i saw nothing like the kit that was pictured.....
Old 06-16-2010, 09:05 PM
TECH Addict

Theres like 4 build threads on the first page that are the same kit!
Old 06-16-2010, 10:37 PM
Staging Lane

the kid i know bought the same kit from ebay. it was almost impossible to get it all to fit and many modifications had to be made. plus the vbands wouldnt seal then broke. that was only after a couple of miles.
Old 06-16-2010, 10:49 PM
TECH Junkie

Did you see this in bold red?
Please note: No fuel components, T61 T4 Turbocharger, intercooler, wastegate or mass air meter are included with this kit, misc hardware may be needed.
So, you still need a turbo. You're buying pretty much only exhaust components there
Old 06-17-2010, 12:04 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by HoLLo
Did you see this in bold red?

So, you still need a turbo. You're buying pretty much only exhaust components there

Yes i saw it but i already took that into consideration.....

Im looking to peice together my own kit and was just going to use the exhaust componets anyways.....
Old 06-17-2010, 06:24 AM
Restricted User

unless you just have to have your AC please do not get that kit. there has been lots of build threads here with that same PTK kit and all had lots of trouble (well some wouldnt admit it). just build a front mount setup with truck manifolds. li build all my hot piping for less than 400 bucks and that include all the wrapping and V Bands and manifolds. trust me turbo is the way to go. i'm glad to hear you kept your car.
Old 06-17-2010, 06:43 AM
TECH Addict

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

hasn't someone modded oneof these kits to mount a S91 on there or something?......

I think a few people have used these kits as starts for good builds.
Old 06-17-2010, 01:20 PM

These kits seem to be hit or miss.

I'd go the 6.0l truck mani route and have the piece of mind that it won't fall apart and will support 1000 hp.
Old 06-17-2010, 01:53 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by transammiller
unless you just have to have your AC please do not get that kit. there has been lots of build threads here with that same PTK kit and all had lots of trouble (well some wouldnt admit it). just build a front mount setup with truck manifolds. li build all my hot piping for less than 400 bucks and that include all the wrapping and V Bands and manifolds. trust me turbo is the way to go. i'm glad to hear you kept your car.
Honestly i thought it would be a good starting point i dont really mind the trouble for $525 i wouldnt assume it would fit perfect.....

I have no need for ac the car will be only a weekend warrior as a have the Jeep for a daily.....

Im not really looking for a 1000+whp race gas car more like in the 650-700whp range just something a little quicker then it was before she popped.....

I will deff. look into the truck manifold setup i got nothing but time on my side so building my own setup wont be a problem......
Old 06-17-2010, 03:46 PM
Restricted User

i can build you a setup if you are interested? i have a spare junk longblock on the stand and some truck manifolds. shoot me a pm of what turbo you want to use, wastegate and material. i am in Jacksonville so you could come by and look at the build progress here is my setup if you are interested.

Old 06-17-2010, 05:18 PM
TECH Junkie

Are these truck manifolds able to be flipped or something to provide a front mount turbo? I've never seen these truck manifolds yall speak of.
Old 06-17-2010, 10:43 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by transammiller
i can build you a setup if you are interested? i have a spare junk longblock on the stand and some truck manifolds. shoot me a pm of what turbo you want to use, wastegate and material. i am in Jacksonville so you could come by and look at the build progress here is my setup if you are interested.

Pm'd.....

Quick Reply: Thinking Of Boosting The Slowmaro....