Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

whats the max hp for 50# injectors????

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2004, 11:57 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ChrisB
You can't accurately determine that without knowing what your BSFC is. You can estimate, but every setup will be different.

Also, if you are looking at the MSD 50's, I wouldn't use them - I have tuned them before and do not like them. The siemens 57's would be my choice for big high-z injectors (though I would get a box from LJ/Speed Inc. and run low-z ).

As for pump, I wouldn't mess with aeromotive, weldon, etc (though weldon are definitely top notch - the best you can get, I think they are overkill and even a bit dubious on a street car unless you get the DC controller also to go with them (a must on the street)). Just do 2 intank/inline GSS340's or equivalent. Will support more flow than any of those injectors will, and you get stock reliability and sound level. Plus it's cheaper (especially than weldon).
Definetly agree with tuning on the msd 50s. As you increase the pressure above 43 psig, you really don't get much more flow. An of course they take a long time to open compared to stock, almost twice as long.

Gary
Old 01-18-2004, 01:20 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

well, it didnt work, just as you guys said. going to do the impedence converter, 83's or 95's, and twin intank 340's.

any thoughts or comments on this setup, or the injector size?

thanks for the help...
Old 01-18-2004, 09:23 AM
FormerVendor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by QuickSilver2002
Humm, I've seen/read about several C5s running a single racetronix intank with a BAP and hitting 650+RWHP without running out of pump. The LPE 427TT also uses a single intank with a BAP. Maybe the c5 fuel sender is the difference.

I agree about the intak comments. The externals are just too loud and unreliable for a street car.
My Racetronix pump made 690 RWHP, unboosted though (N2O), and I had no boost-a-pump, at 10:1 A/F and never went lean on the dyno.

It does seem that the extra boost that the injector sees in a boosted engine would cut down on fuel flow i.e. If a injector flows 50 lbs/hr with 50 PSI pressure, in an engine with 10 PSI of boost it is now operating at 40 PSI differential pressure?? So if you have an FMU or boost sensitive regulator it would have to be at least 1 psi for 1 lb of boost to keep up, but then you reduce the capabilities of the pump i.e. if a pump puts out 255 lph at 50 psi then it may only be 200 lph at 60 psi, looks like it sprials out of control.

No wonder it is easier to go fast with N2O and little fuel system like I did. I am going to twin turbo for 2004, looks like my fuel system just got a little more expensive.

Last edited by Brian Tooley Racing; 01-18-2004 at 09:35 AM.
Old 01-18-2004, 10:17 AM
FormerVendor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by blackz93
well, it didnt work, just as you guys said. going to do the impedence converter, 83's or 95's, and twin intank 340's.

any thoughts or comments on this setup, or the injector size?

thanks for the help...
On the twin pump install I think instead of using a brass "T" I would use a Barry Grant "Y" block or the like, just looks like it would flow alot better.

FWIW, my 100 hp dry N2O shot only made 40 RWHP off a "T", when we went to the NOS "Y" it made 80 RWHP, a 100% improvement!