Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

need some help..

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2010, 12:19 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have another wideband that had before. Its handy as have more than one car so can move it around for tuning. But when done tuning the aeroforce add on one will be fine.
And have boost guage in my eboost2.
Still the aeroforce are handy for knock as I said , wideband is handy but knock is handier.
I also keep close watch on my trans temp and quite a few other parameters.
Just buy one aeroforce if you want to save money. Then you can still get a normal boost guage if you want and standalone wideband. If you want gauges to fit in the pod there are lots that will.
I use different setups in some of my other cars. In my 91 race talon have AEM boost controller and aem wideband 2 and 1/4 size. Then have separate fuel pressure,egt and trans temp. That car is auto so like to monitor trans temp.
I have unit called dsmscanmaster to watch my knock and other computer parameters.

In my 97 talon have also a dsm scanmaster. And have autometer shiftlight, autometer wideband, fuel pressure ,egt,and boost /vac . No electronic boost control is that one yet.

The 99 as said have three aeroforce, sensors for wideband, egt and nitrous.
Separate eboost 2 and also have old plx wideband with cigarette lighter for power so can move it around from car to car if want to.

Whatever works for you and is in the budget.
Old 06-29-2010, 04:27 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

And since you're going to be getting a fresh tune, go with a good SD tune. Throw out the MAF and get yourself a MAP sensor out of a Cobalt SS.

Quick Reply: need some help..