Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

PLEASE HELP>>>balancer separated, any suggestions on fixing

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2010, 01:37 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default PLEASE HELP>>>balancer separated, any suggestions on fixing

ok so im driving down the road and hit the gas and everything is good until boom balancer outer ring with the pulley grooves comes off shaters and goes through my hood after it bust my water pump slams one of my fans and breaks both belts and my a/c tension plum off!!! crank was pinned but has nothing to do with this problem, this was a brand new damper, although it was not from gm, friend of mine bought it and i bought it from him!!! i have a umi underdrive unit i can install which has a clip to keep this from happening but from what i have been told it will lower my boost !! So, its a magnacharger 112 unit. what pulley should i run to get my boost back up to say 8/9 lbs.. the pulley i was running on sc unit was a 2:90, but i was only recieving 5/6 lbs so u think i could of been loosing some hp if this damper was slipping, the pulley i had on it i was told should run 10lbs on stock car with manifolds, i got headers so i was expecting 8 lbs out of it anyway..but only recieved 5/6... your opinions please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! yeah it sucks
Attached Thumbnails PLEASE HELP>>>balancer separated, any suggestions on fixing-oops.jpg   PLEASE HELP>>>balancer separated, any suggestions on fixing-oops2.jpg   PLEASE HELP>>>balancer separated, any suggestions on fixing-oops3.jpg  
Old 06-27-2010, 08:33 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

what kind of balancer was it ?
Old 06-27-2010, 11:38 AM
Staging Lane

Default balancer

srock/ stock replacement... this is what everyone is running on these kits!!
Old 06-27-2010, 12:40 PM
TECH Resident

Damn! does the supercharger run off the accessory drive belt, or is there an add on to the stock pulley like the procharger? I can understand this happening if it uses the main drive belt. The two parts of the balancer are adhered to a rubber like layer. Under a heavy load, I can see how the two could be separated.
Old 06-27-2010, 03:44 PM
On The Tree

Default ouch!!!!

Should of put a turbo kit on jason's old car. It would of been tires rippin instead of belts slipping!!!
Old 06-27-2010, 04:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

Ide go with a ATI this time around if i were you
Old 06-27-2010, 05:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

Ouch, sorry to see that!
Old 06-27-2010, 05:49 PM
Staging Lane

Default o well

well everything has been great for last couple days until this everyone always wants to say you should of dione something else when things go wron, o well it will be fixed soon, just like everything else made these days you have to buy three parts to get one good one... made in mexico, made in china, hell were in america where all the damn parts at... begining to think we have foreign built cars these days!!
Old 06-27-2010, 08:22 PM
FormerVendor

I had a customer get a balancer from (strongly against my advice) Autozone and had the same thing happen. His tore up his water pump AND alternator as well as making a dent in the bottom of his hood.

Quick Reply: PLEASE HELP>>>balancer separated, any suggestions on fixing