Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

National Speed Build: 2010 Chevrolet Camaro - Eric Berry - NZ1200 - 1,200hp+...

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2010, 07:48 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Jordan_NationalSpeed
$139,000. That includes the brand new Camaro SS-II, in either 4L80E or T56 options. The cool thing is, if you want more power, it's as simple as bolting on larger turbochargers with race gas, and shooting for the moon. All supporting modifications are in place to handle 2,000hp.

Full interior, air conditioning, power steering, all OEM options functional and all creature comforts in tact. It's an awesome thing.
Definately seems like it's built to handle whatever you want to throw at it, very nice job with this thing so far! Out of curiosity, what crank and rods are in that block? And what size turbos are you guys planning on putting on it? 1200hp seems like a lot for 93 octane, you don't think it will need higher octane?
Old 08-06-2010, 08:02 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by Jesse_Boyer
Yes sir, that was another one of my babies (i.e. a project I get emotionally attached to). It belongs to a good friend and customer of mine, his car is absolutely PERFECT.

Check out the entire build here;

http://www.horsepowerjunkies.com/for...ad.php?t=94174

Originally Posted by Loudmouth LS1
Definately seems like it's built to handle whatever you want to throw at it, very nice job with this thing so far! Out of curiosity, what crank and rods are in that block? And what size turbos are you guys planning on putting on it? 1200hp seems like a lot for 93 octane, you don't think it will need higher octane?
Well, without going into the specific mechanics of the entire setup; we've got 3.5liters per bank, an incredibly well breathing induction system/engine, and turbochargers capable of 700bhp a piece. I'm going to bet 15-17psi is going to be the maximum pressure required to hit the target horsepower.
Old 08-06-2010, 08:08 AM
TECH Junkie

Yes sir, that was another one of my babies (i.e. a project I get emotionally attached to). It belongs to a good friend and customer of mine, his car is absolutely PERFECT.

Check out the entire build here;

http://www.horsepowerjunkies.com/for...ad.php?t=94174

Well, without going into the specific mechanics of the entire setup; we've got 3.5liters per bank, an incredibly well breathing induction system/engine, and turbochargers capable of 700bhp a piece. I'm going to bet 15-17psi is going to be the maximum pressure required to hit the target horsepower.
Good luck with it man, should be a really fun car for the owner when it's all done!
Old 08-06-2010, 08:10 AM
FormerVendor

Thanks! And I'm sure he'll have a blast with it, I can't wait to get it up to him.
Old 08-06-2010, 08:15 AM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Try to get Eric to register on Tech and say hi to the guys.
Old 08-06-2010, 09:09 AM
FormerVendor

I'll ask, but at the velocity his life moves, he barely has time to scratch his nose. I'd love to get him involved with the build on a public level.
Old 08-06-2010, 09:21 AM
Restricted User

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

$139,000. That includes the brand new Camaro SS-II, in either 4L80E or T56 options. The cool thing is, if you want more power, it's as simple as bolting on larger turbochargers with race gas, and shooting for the moon. All supporting modifications are in place to handle 2,000hp.

Full interior, air conditioning, power steering, all OEM options functional and all creature comforts in tact. It's an awesome thing.
Sounds fair to me. I'm guessing that you guys will stand behind it with a warranty just like the OEM would, hence the over engineering?

Are you guys making a new front bumper cover? If so, any artwork?
Old 08-06-2010, 09:24 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

Awesome!!!!!!
Old 08-06-2010, 09:44 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by 98Z28CobraKiller
Sounds fair to me. I'm guessing that you guys will stand behind it with a warranty just like the OEM would, hence the over engineering?
Correct. Obviously a car at this level (or any level, for that matter) needs to be maintained according to how it's driven. If the car is a street car that rolls into it a few times a drive, it will not need nearly as much maintenance as if it's seeing the road course or drag strip for all of its driving time. The point of the build is to allow the client to choose, they have the capabilities to do whatever they please with this vehicle (i.e. daily drive it, show it, drag race it, road race it, etc.)

However, to answer your question directly, we stand behind our work. The point of the above paragraph is that the car is not invincible, it is still a car, and will need to be cared for as such. As long as this is done, nothing will fail. If something does due to our design or method, we stand behind it.

Originally Posted by 98Z28CobraKiller
Are you guys making a new front bumper cover? If so, any artwork?
The car will have simply designed sideskirts to visually continue the body line further down and end the line sharply (i.e. to keep it from visually wrapping under, like stock). As well as a front carbon fiber spoiler and rear carbon fiber valence. These are custom units, not in production or available for public sale.

Anything is possible, obviously, for a nominal price adjustment.
Old 08-06-2010, 03:29 PM
Restricted User

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

The car will have simply designed sideskirts to visually continue the body line further down and end the line sharply (i.e. to keep it from visually wrapping under, like stock). As well as a front carbon fiber spoiler and rear carbon fiber valence. These are custom units, not in production or available for public sale.

Anything is possible, obviously, for a nominal price adjustment.
Gotcha. I was concerned that you were going to change it into something other than a special edition Camaro. I'm sure the ground effects will look real sharp and round out the supercar look.
Old 08-06-2010, 04:59 PM
FormerVendor

That is the hope! I think it's going to look excellent when it comes out.

The Pro Torque torque converter came in today...

Notice anything different here? That's right, it's a six pad billet plate, as opposed to the standard three pad. Another full custom "doesn't exist" unit...

The Marcella intake manifold mocked in place...

The intake manifold to cowl clearance...

Crawford test fitting the 102mm billet aluminum Nick Williams throttle body. Another "doesn't exist" component when ordered...

Intercooler core in place for test fitting...

Old 08-06-2010, 05:13 PM
TECH Regular

That engine is just sickk!
Old 08-06-2010, 06:07 PM
no title here

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Eric Berry was a beast and I am glad to see he is a gearhead....Awesome setup and great looking work
Old 08-06-2010, 07:27 PM
10 Second Club

VERY NICE BUILD JORDAN!!! Obvioulsy well thought out from nose to tail. I cant wait to see it finished & see some numbers. At 15 psi it should run on pump gas (mine does) and could easily make 1200hp with twins.

I'm impressed Eric went GM. He must have a degree in finance, he paid $139k for a car that will slap the snot-bubbles outta those exotics that cost 3X as much. VERY COOL!
Old 08-07-2010, 02:33 PM
12 Second Club

sweeetttttt
Old 08-09-2010, 12:42 PM
FormerVendor

The OEM GM automatic conversion components came in;

- Steering wheel and paddle shift components
- Brake pedal assembly
- Shifter assembly and components

Paddle shift components in place...

Shifter assembly...

Brake pedal assembly...

BMR trailing and toe arms...

The Pedders bushings ready to go in...

The shifter assembly will bolt directly in without modification to the tunnel, great news...

The 4L80E to manual Zeta adapter bracket Crawford fabricated...

The transmission pan can still be accessed and dropped like stock...

Old 08-09-2010, 01:58 PM
SSU Moderator

Just so I'm clear...4L80E swap into this w/ 6L80whatever shifter/paddles?...and it will work like factory? Awesometown. What are you controlling the trans with?
Old 08-09-2010, 02:02 PM
FormerVendor

Correct you are, it will interface like stock, but is controlled independently via a TCI controller. The only difference in the interface will be an LCD screen on the steering wheel which displays which gear is manually selected, otherwise he'd have no idea.
Old 08-09-2010, 03:53 PM
FormerVendor

The rear subframe fitted with Pedders bushings, sway bar and BMR trailing/toe arms...

Old 08-09-2010, 04:16 PM
SSU Moderator

Correct you are, it will interface like stock, but is controlled independently via a TCI controller. The only difference in the interface will be an LCD screen on the steering wheel which displays which gear is manually selected, otherwise he'd have no idea.
******* pimp.

Quick Reply: National Speed Build: 2010 Chevrolet Camaro - Eric Berry - NZ1200 - 1,200hp+...