Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Procharger Inlet Problem/Question?

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2010, 12:06 PM
TECH Resident

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Default Procharger Inlet Problem/Question?

Hey guys, I'm wondering about what changing the inlet would do. The car is a 2001 SS with a P1SC on it, and it has the stock Procharger inlet. If I were to take off the old inlet and put something new and much better flowing, it'll definitely increase my horsepower by a fair amount. The car currently has about 520 rwhp, and I figure that's about pushing it on the stock engine. The only internal work on the engine is the cam, stock pistons, rods etc If I were to change my filter, would the added power have any harmful effect to the engine? I would sure hate to do this and then have the bottom end break or something like that. Does it affect PSI at all?

Also, will the added power put more stress on the rear end to the point it might break? It's the stock 10 bolt with 3.42 gears with a T56. I know the rear end is likely to break the way the car is now, but will this really **** me over? Thanks guys!
Old 08-05-2010, 12:13 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Give this a read...https://ls1tech.com/forums/forced-in...you-using.html

Just make sure your tune is in check if you gain more boost from the filter change. 520 rwhp is pushing the stock bottom end if your tune isn't spot on.
Old 08-05-2010, 12:28 PM
TECH Resident

That's what I was thinking. So would a tune adjustment help my bottom end not grenade? I've actually read that thread before
Old 08-07-2010, 05:45 PM
TECH Resident

bump?
Old 08-07-2010, 08:23 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'll buy your old set up if you get new stuff
Old 08-08-2010, 12:31 PM
12 Second Club

Are you using the "big" K&N right now? If not, you can switch to that one and pick up some power. I think once you reach 15psi the stock hat really becomes a restriction. I wish there were more options out there for inlet hats.
Old 08-08-2010, 01:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Tiago has pushed the 10 bolt past 1000whp before, his advise is that they do not like any kind of decent shock. no hard gear changes, not hard launches, etc.
Old 08-08-2010, 01:27 PM
TECH Resident

Haha, the setup isn't getting changed on this car, not for quite awhile anyways ;]

The Procharger is running the stock Procharger inlet, no K&N yet. I'm not as concerned with the 10 bolt breaking as I am the pistons and rods not being able to take the extra 2 PSI of boost or so that a new filter would provide. I'm in the stages of getting a forged engine built for my Firebird and the F-1C going on it (to run tons O boost), but this Camaro engine is going to remain stock for now, internal wise at least, and I'm curious to know if I can crank a little more out of it.
Old 08-08-2010, 02:49 PM
TECH Regular

What size pulley are you using on the head unit? Seriously unless you have the blower maxed out on RPM you aren't going to see much difference compared to the normal inlet hat. It flows enough for the power you're making. I switched to the truck hat on my D1 with the 3.85" pulley. I didn't get any more boost out of it, and I was making almost 700 rwhp.

Quick Reply: Procharger Inlet Problem/Question?