Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

carbed blow through!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2010, 03:53 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default carbed blow through!!!!!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

hey everyone, begining the process of doin an ls swap into a g-body and have long decided to go carbed! now i saw the post about the ls in a g-body and i'm sure fitment as far as motor will be fine! just got done building a turbo kit, in a mustang, with a friend and am all for turbo now! i've been having trouble finding pics of anyone with turbo blow throgh ls motors, or just blow through ls in general? usually because the motor is naturally efi, guys don't steer away from it especially when it come to tunning. i'm still very used to blow through carbs now and would be more comfortable with that! if anyone knows of any pics or links it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
-Frank
Old 08-08-2010, 12:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It would be no different then doing the same to a SBC or a Ford. Are you going to go with a distributor conversion from GM or do you plan to run a MSD or who evers ignition control unit for the carb? If you are doing the latter you might want to contact those manufactors to find out if their timing maps go up to the boost levels you plan to run. Other then timing, I would not expect anything else to be different to other Carb blow threw setups.

Good luck