TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Oh u just posted lol!
Old 08-17-2010, 05:29 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dschmittie1
I would run Meth before I sprayed N2O on my FI motor
Why not do both and make even more power??

There are makes of meth compatible solenoids,NX for example.Just remeber that the fuel jet would have to be 2x the size of a reg gasoline jet.
Old 08-17-2010, 06:44 PM
TECH Regular

isnt it harder to tune with meth nitrous and being FI??? i would like to add some laughing gas to my setup, but im already running meth... anybody have all 3? and is it safe?
Old 08-17-2010, 07:31 PM
11 Second Club

I run straight meth and logged an IAT drop from 90ish with a big fmic on the dyno to 38-40* I say just run meth or a water/meth mix. I'm with cobrakiller on this one though, I'd prefer not to spray water into my motor. You'll pick up more power having the car tuned for meth then spraying nitrous. Like said, your cyl pressures will go up causing you to retard the timing to prevent detonation. Its the opposite with methanol, you can add more timing (cyl pressure will go up but not as much) and be safer. Its like running 109ish octane
Old 08-18-2010, 07:00 AM
TECH Addict

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by ibex37
answer in the form of a question

what is water?
Yeah its water. Used in racing for years as a very effective addative when injected. its not as easy as meth and thus probably why you dont see it used as much. Basically when you injected a metered amount, ie not like you would inject meth, you can dramaticly increase the dept. threshold for a set. This is because the water is basically slowoing the flame front down and thus reducing the likelyhood of deptination. the more water you spray the slower the flame fornt travels. Too much water and you put the flame out! lol just enough and you can basically run as much boost as your engine can hold.

The WRC rally guys use it alot! they actually have an indavidual water injector per cylinder and map the water injection like you would fuel. This enables them to run STUPID high boost in conditions ranging from sub zero to 40degrees C +!

Chris.
Old 08-18-2010, 02:21 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Run race gas when spraying N2o with boost.
Old 08-18-2010, 02:35 PM
Restricted User

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by 1faste55
Why not do both and make even more power??

There are makes of meth compatible solenoids,NX for example.Just remeber that the fuel jet would have to be 2x the size of a reg gasoline jet.
If you have a properly sized turbo, then you should be able to deliver enough air into the cylinder to lift the heads. So no need to add nitrous. Now, if your turbo is undersized and is maxed out but you think that you can push some more power, then yes, the nitrous will help. Just remember that with nitrous you will need to wire in or tap into an existing WOT switch. It also has solonoids and a bottle with different pressure as you run down the track unless you have Nano which is a completely different pain in the ***. The nitrous may also have a controller for delays or ramps. Your boost controller will have a solonoid or 2 if you go electronic and may have CO2 plumbed in as well. Add a meth system and you get more plumbing, controllers and pumps. See where I am going? Shitload of wiring, solonoids, controllers and chemicals. If I was Murphy, I'd have to live there.
Old 08-18-2010, 04:52 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by 99.9percenter
Run race gas when spraying N2o with boost.
like e85 or ?
Old 08-18-2010, 05:35 PM
On The Tree

i have run a few different fuels when spraying, the last time at the track i was using 110 sunoco out of the pump and the car ran a little lean up top, but i had almost 1/2 tank of 93 and only 5 gallons of 110. what ever i run i try to get the highest octane and just run on an empty tank with 5 gallons of race gas.
Old 07-14-2020, 04:47 PM
"I MAID THEESE"

Received 675 Likes on 425 Posts

EDIT:

Not sure how I commented on this lol. oops . my bad for the 10 year bump.

Quick Reply: Force induction + nitrous