Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

STS turbo kit installed and feel some vibration/banging in front and underside.

Old 08-29-2010, 04:21 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default STS turbo kit installed and feel some vibration/banging in front and underside.

I do not know if there are any STS dealers on here or the reps themselves. Just finished installing a 383 LT1 stage 2 by Goloen fully forged with 12psi STS kit. I ran a front mount intercooler through TRT turbo which does not exist anymore. I want to know if the BMR torque arm will clear this system. My setup runs right next to it and also hear some banging in the rear where the piping goes over the rear frame brace. Any other FBody guys run into some issues at all that can be fixed??? Car is laying down 550 rwp on a conservative tune and had to run a FAST XFI computer as working with the stock computer was aweful with this much boost.
Old 08-30-2010, 12:18 AM
Staging Lane

Anybody have any common adjustments for STS kits???
Old 08-30-2010, 11:56 AM
10 Second Club

the banging in the rear is probably coming from the charge pipe that goes over the axle coming out of the turbo. I had this issue and fixed it by removing that pipe altogether and replacing it with a straight silicone piece.
Old 08-31-2010, 10:30 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by RooRnZ28
the banging in the rear is probably coming from the charge pipe that goes over the axle coming out of the turbo. I had this issue and fixed it by removing that pipe altogether and replacing it with a straight silicone piece.
I will check that out...thanks for the heads up....any question I have is did you loose all the plastic shielding underneath the car in front due to your intercooler. I had to notch my front bumper to mount it. This eliminated all the styrofoam for a crash and some of the ducting underneath. May have to do some custom ducting to move a little more air to the radiator and brakes.
Old 09-01-2010, 08:12 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hmmm... I didn't have any banging after I installed my STS.
Old 09-01-2010, 12:58 PM
Staging Lane

Default Sts

Originally Posted by ZGOBYBY
Hmmm... I didn't have any banging after I installed my STS.

Really? My tube runs very close to the BMR torque arm bar. Are you running the stock arm? What did you do about all the plastic that went under the bumper and fenders. Does not go back with all the intercooler piping.

Search this Thread