Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

help my build

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2010, 02:25 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default help my build

Hey guys.just picked up a new lq9,thinking bout machining it to a 402,and building it for a procharger.I don't really know jack about what parts to go with. So what would y'all reccomend, as far as pistons,rods,cam.Id like to be around 4k before cost of a system. And idk how realistic,but id like to achieve 600-700 hp.

Last edited by poopshootSS; 09-02-2010 at 06:12 PM.
Old 09-03-2010, 01:41 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

http://www.speedinc.com/catagory.cfm?catagory=Engine

This is just one of the sponsors you can try looking at and they list a fully balanced rotating assemble for a 402 or 408 around 2299.99 built for boost. That has a compstar crank, eagle rods with the better ARP 2000 rod bolts, diamond pistons and ring pack. This would be a good budget setup. I prefer compstar rods and wiseco pistons as they are known greatly for boosted applications but to each is their own. None of the parts listed would be bad at all. I put the same rod and piston combo into a buddies N/A motor that he is thinking about running a supercharger on. I don't know what piston rings diamond uses or what options they have but just make sure it is suited for a boosted application. Otherwise there are many other options out there. Good Luck.