Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Supercharger Help.

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2010, 06:07 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Supercharger Help.

Hey, I've been contemplating on getting a supercharger for my 2000 camaro z28 ss, problem is, I can't seem to find one by whipple, or any other roots type style, I want a roots type, not any other type simply because whipples are the best supercharger in my opinion, can anyone point me in the correct direction for a good whipple charger? any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.
Old 09-13-2010, 06:23 PM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

you wont find any other roots/twin screw blower besides a magnacharger for an f body. Thats the only one that will clear the cowl. If you want to cut the cowl, I bet you could make an LS truck kit fit. I know like last week there was a Magnacharger Fbody kit for sale in the classifieds for cheap.

As a side note, centri > PD blowers IMO. No heat soak is a good thing, but you probably want it for the whine and/or low end torque.
Old 09-14-2010, 04:44 PM
Staging Lane

Do i need to get any other things to build up my engine to handle the supercharger? and what kinda boost does the centri run vs the PD?
Old 09-14-2010, 10:44 PM
TECH Addict

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by 2000z28ss
Do i need to get any other things to build up my engine to handle the supercharger? and what kinda boost does the centri run vs the PD?
You will need bigger injectors, 60 pounders would be ideal & depending on how much boost different heads with larger chambers to lower the CR some. A Z06 cam is a popular FI cam too & headers work well on a blown setup. You'll make the most boost with a centri or the twin screw whipple, the magna is a roots design & is great down low but not as good as the other 2 at higher boost levels.
Old 09-14-2010, 11:58 PM
TECH Regular

Received 109 Likes on 80 Posts

Originally Posted by flintwrench69
You will need bigger injectors, 60 pounders would be ideal & depending on how much boost different heads with larger chambers to lower the CR some. A Z06 cam is a popular FI cam too & headers work well on a blown setup. You'll make the most boost with a centri or the twin screw whipple, the magna is a roots design & is great down low but not as good as the other 2 at higher boost levels.
Hes also ganna need to upgrade his springs, retainers, pushrods, and possibly a bigger fuel pump depending on the amount of power hes looking for. Others will suggest upgrading your oil pump, timing chain, beefing up the tranny and upgrading your rearend to a 12 bolt (A4) or a moser 9" (M6). Also a aftermarket tranny cooler will help keep things cool and since your still on the LS1 intake, you might want to upgrade to a LS6 or a fast 90 setup to pull more ponies out of the supercharger. Of course if you're an M6, your ganna have to upgrade you clutch to handle the power or that will let go pretty quick.
Old 09-18-2010, 04:26 PM
Staging Lane

So i need all that stuff to drive it daily? I mean, this car is by NO means just a drag car ... i put down 310 rear wheel horse and 310 ft lbs of torque with the few addons i have already , I just want a supercharger for the extra "umph" when i want it , i don't wanna build a drag car haha , I want a daily driver car that has muscle when i want it .
Old 09-19-2010, 12:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

joblo1978's car

he said he had to do a slight body lift to get it to fit and that it was a PITA. but it is a magnacharger.
Old 09-20-2010, 07:32 AM
Staging Lane

Alright , I think I'm gunna go with a centri cuz my dads buddy is a vortech dealer so I can get a good deal from him , what am I gunna need to drive it on the street daily ? I'll ocasionally drag it but not regularly . I just want it set up right so I can get Max potential from it , here's the list of mods ii currently have ,
SLP cold air intake, slp smoothe bore bellows, ported the throttle body, 160 thermastat, pace setter long tube headers, texas speed duel cat y-pipe,magnafloe cat back exhaust,removed extra egr tube hanging down into the throttle body mouth, went fom 3:42 gears in the rear to 4:10,
Old 09-23-2010, 02:59 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'd seriously look into a procharger. Look through the forced induction section and read up on the two. Procharger seems to dominate. Wish i had one
Old 09-23-2010, 05:23 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by litemup02
I'd seriously look into a procharger. Look through the forced induction section and read up on the two. Procharger seems to dominate. Wish i had one
I agree! Take a look at this D-1SC system, all you need is a tune to go with it.
http://shop.brutespeed.com/ATI-D-1SC...F-Body-Kit.htm
The D-1SC on a built engine has powered an F Body into the 8's in the 1/4 mile. 8 pounds of boost on a stock engine will get you an increase of approx 140 rwhp. Bob

PM's disabled, please e-mail me
E-mail: brutespeed@gmail.comob@brutespeed.com

https://brutespeed.com/ Link to website