Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

wtb procharger for ls1

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2010, 08:18 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default wtb procharger for ls1

hey everyone, im looking for a procharger for an ls1, wat the differance between p1 and d1 prochargers. im thinkin bout building a 408. and if i can get a good deal on a used system. i will buy a pro charger. and depending on if i get one, depends on wat compression i go with.. i will consider all offers
Old 09-22-2010, 09:45 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by firehawk68mcleod
hey everyone, im looking for a procharger for an ls1, wat the differance between p1 and d1 prochargers. im thinkin bout building a 408. and if i can get a good deal on a used system. i will buy a pro charger. and depending on if i get one, depends on wat compression i go with.. i will consider all offers
Call Bob at Brute Speed. Very good guy to deal with and helpful. I dont think he deals with used systems tho.... But thats where my kit came from and im in the process of putting it on now. Its a very nice kit.
Old 09-23-2010, 05:28 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 30 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by hatcher1986
Call Bob at Brute Speed. Very good guy to deal with and helpful. I dont think he deals with used systems tho.... But thats where my kit came from and im in the process of putting it on now. Its a very nice kit.
Thanks Marcus, I appreciate it!

Originally Posted by firehawk68mcleod
Check out this complete D-1SC kit that only requires a tune. Bob
http://shop.brutespeed.com/ATI-D-1SC...F-Body-Kit.htm

ProCharger information from Brute Speed
What's the basic difference between the ATI ProCharger P-1SC and the D-1SC?
The P-1SC and the D-1SC both use the same housing. The internals of the D-1SC are designed to handle more boost than what the P-1SC can produce. If you have both of these blowers producing say, 8 psi, the D-1SC would end up having a larger pulley on the head unit, as it doesn't have to be spun as fast to produce the boost. In theory the P-1SC should start producing boost a little sooner than the D-1SC in the rpm band, but I really can't tell a difference between the two.
Many people start out with the P-1SC as they feel that adding the supercharger is all they are ever going to do with their vehicle. Power is contagious, and once most of us get a feel for it, we end up wanting more. 8 psi is about all I recommend on the stock bottom end of an LS engine, adding forged rods and pistons to these engines gives you the ability to up the boost into the 14 psi and up range. The P-1SC isn't going to get you there, especially if you add more cubes, cam and heads.

How much boost the blower can produce depends on many variables.
* Cubic inch. The larger the engine the less boost it will make with a supercharger.
* Headers and exhaust. A better flowing system will produce less boost, requires a smaller pulley to regain the loss in boost. Ultimately though, more power will be gained.
* Camshaft and heads. A camshaft with some overlap will leak out some boost through the valves. Better flowing heads react a lot like a better flowing exhaust system.
* Altitude. Elevation plays a big part in how much boost is produced. Those people living in the higher elevations have to spin the blower harder to see boost.
* Condition of engine. An engine with real good sealing rings will ultimately produce more boost than one with worn rings.
* Rpm. An engine that is spun up higher in the rpm range will normally produce more boost.

PM's disabled, please e-mail me
E-mail: brutespeed@gmail.comob@brutespeed.com

https://brutespeed.com/ Link to website

Old 09-23-2010, 05:31 AM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The P1 and D1 are basically the same they just have different impellers. For a 408 I would suggest either a D1 or F1a. I think the P1 will be too small. Yes on a FI build you will want lower CR. I would also suggest Piecing a kit together that way you can do an FMIC over the twin inner cooler that that Procharger sells

Quick Reply: wtb procharger for ls1