Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

73 formula and vortech sc, need help

Old 10-10-2010, 05:27 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default 73 formula and vortech sc, need help

I have a '73 firebird formula that i recently bought a vortech v1 supercharger for,the original owner did not know if it was s-trim or t-trim but i will find out when i receive it. This car is a drag car that is not driven on the streets. The car has gone 11 flat all motor with a 406cui sbc turbo 350 and 4.56 gears with 28" tall tires. Engine is sold so i am now piecing together a 383 stroker but i have some questions and i am looking for part numbers as well. My goal is to go at least mid 10s with the V1 supercharger, i know it will support at least 600ish hp depending on trim. The car is all gutted with drag suspension fuel cell new fuel lines and such but here is where i am stuck.

Before the supercharger was bought i bought: 383 stroker kit with kieth black hype. dish pistons -18cc. eagle I beam rods and steel crank. The block is a gm 350 4 bolt .030 over for heads i have ported edelbrock aluminum performance rpm heads as well as brand new world pro 200cc iron heads both with 64cc and a single plane victor jn intake with a mighty demon 800cfm blow thru carb.

I am confident that i could reuse most of the stuff listed to go in the mid 10s but i am looking for advice and feedback, how would you improve the setup i have now? new rod bolts and main studs?
I am sure i will have to replace the pistons with forged pistons, any advice?

For tuning i will get msd 65306al-2 digital programmable with boost retard

i did forget to ask about the cam? i will be using a 3600 to maybe 4000 stall converter and i beleive the car weighs around 2800-3200 pounds with me in it.

Any help, feedback or critisism is welcomed.
Old 10-11-2010, 08:55 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Any feedback?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 73 formula and vortech sc, need help