Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Ls2 d-1 procharged questions???

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2010, 12:59 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ls2 d-1 procharged questions???

So im building a ls2 procharged... I already bought the d-1 procharger in plans of building my engine to a 402.... but i was informed that d-1 was too small for a 402 and i would be over worked and that i would soon after need a f1 set up... They mentioned i should stay with my stock stroke with the d1.. Well, i know i should upgrade a lot of things but i have decided to go the streetable route... the engine is going in my 68 camaro which i wanna drive more than race... People mentioned the stock cranks have held up between 800-900 hp... so im saving my money and staying with stock crank and i wanna stay with my stock cam... This is my kinda budget build.. Well, here are my questions: First, what pistons and rods should i run? Second, what kinda power should i expect with the set up listed below....
-ls2 TBSS enigine
-stock crank
-stock cam( maybe upgrade)
-stock 243 heads
- super victor intake ( victor jr if thats better)idk
- elbow with ls2 90 mm stock throttle body
-60 lb injectors
-d-1 procharger and intercooler with 3.4 pulley

let me know thanks everyone
Old 11-23-2010, 01:07 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You should see 700+ rwhp with that pulley. I made 780rwhp with that 3.4 pulley and the 7.65 crank pulley. I would get some Wiseco turbo duty pistons and K-1 rods and call it a day.
Old 11-23-2010, 01:20 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by LS1RedZ
You should see 700+ rwhp with that pulley. I made 780rwhp with that 3.4 pulley and the 7.65 crank pulley. I would get some Wiseco turbo duty pistons and K-1 rods and call it a day.
So what are k-1 rods? i havent heard of those ... and on pistons i was planning wiseco.. but wat dish... and wat rings
Old 11-23-2010, 03:24 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I know Wiseco promotes the K-1 rods on their website. I talked to the owner of Wiseco at the LSX shootout back in 08' and he was telling me about the rods because I have them in my motor and I was curious about them. He said they are really stout and they havent found a limit on them. Give them a call and Im sure they can fix you up with a piston/rod combo.

http://www.wiseco.com/Catalogs/Automobile.aspx
Old 11-23-2010, 03:55 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by LS1RedZ
I know Wiseco promotes the K-1 rods on their website. I talked to the owner of Wiseco at the LSX shootout back in 08' and he was telling me about the rods because I have them in my motor and I was curious about them. He said they are really stout and they havent found a limit on them. Give them a call and Im sure they can fix you up with a piston/rod combo.

http://www.wiseco.com/Catalogs/Automobile.aspx
thanks
Old 11-25-2010, 12:42 AM
TECH Resident

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Do not even think of running stock cam for FI. Why would you do that? It's like you're trying to limit yourself on purpose. Might max out those injectors. What's your planned fuel setup?
Old 11-25-2010, 06:46 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by eLiT3SnIpEz
Do not even think of running stock cam for FI. Why would you do that? It's like you're trying to limit yourself on purpose. Might max out those injectors. What's your planned fuel setup?
IM running the stock stroke now... bc i already bought the d-1.. no402 for me now.. stock stroke, d-1 procharger, stock cam, 243 heads, k1 rods , wiseco dish pistons, super victor intake, edelbroch fuel rails, 60 lb injectors, 90 mm throttle body.... its all going into my 68 camaro. just a nice street car. do you think this will be a good set up
Old 11-25-2010, 07:01 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

You can certainly run the stock cam but you could pick up 50 to 60 rwhp with a good cam designed for forced induction. Our blower cam http://shop.brutespeed.com/Comp-Brut...n-Camshaft.htm will give you these results. Bob

PM's disabled, please e-mail me
E-mail: brutespeed@gmail.comob@brutespeed.com

https://brutespeed.com/ Link to website

Quick Reply: Ls2 d-1 procharged questions???