Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

LS2 APS w/lg turbos (part 3) going BIG! (Results)

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2011, 12:23 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by blue00ZZleeper
This has been said before and I'm sure it will be said again....Not driving and keeping miles off your car is like saying you don't wanna **** your girlfriend too much for her next boyfriend. If you have the car drive it. I ran engine dynos for 4 years. Every dyno WILL read different...even down to the atmospheric conditions make a huge difference. I could make the dyno say just about anything I wanted by changing inputs. Like Tom said that's a apple to orange comparison. 402ci vs 364ci, 20psi vs 16psi, M6 vs 4L80. Like Tom said no one is doubting your car but once again don't compare apples to oranges...I bet my car will put down more rwhp then Toms once I turn the boost up....will it set better track times? NO lol
You guys are hilarious. No one is telling you what to do with your time, money, cars, women, business, etc etc etc. So why do you come down on people who don't drive thier cars up to your standards?

It is always refreshing to see people on the internet who "know" what is best for a person and their respective car. You sound like the Obama administration with his healthcare plan. This is America and people should be able to drive, not drive, burn, explode, **** on, or **** off their car as they see fit.

As for the dyno comment, I ran chassis dynos for six years. And yes, I have seen a lot of tricks. With Jordans car, many people were there including him, and everything is on the computer. Everything the Dynojet could log is logged. No tricks whatsoever.

The T28 statement goes as follows. The standard exhaust housing on an APS kit is a "T28" style flange. Not a T3, not a T4, it's a T28. Just one more aspect that makes them crazy. Not to say you cant modify a T3 to make it work, but there is a difference. In addition, you are a bit skewed and mislead on the ball bearing comment. Do a little more research before regurgitating something off a vendors website. I have literally sold thousands of turbos, including completing the finished product, and "ball bearing" setups are nothing to compared to their marketing. Granted, there are some benefits especially with Precisions new non liquid cooled units, however there are a TON of problems with your standard BB units. The spool time is negligible, the durability is questionable, and the added coolant lines are a pain in the ***. Not worth the expense or the trouble. That is a fact.

Back to the OP's thread... GSS turbos work great on MANY different motors. Good luck with the car.

Vote for Ron Paul, maybe then Canadians and Fascist will stop telling you what to do and how to drive your own vehicle.

-W

Last edited by cracker; 05-31-2011 at 12:41 AM.
Old 05-31-2011, 08:19 AM
9 Second Club

you know we are way off topic here. what started this debate is kwikkar asking way my car isnt making more power. going back to the "apples and oranges" statement. If you have spent the time on a dyno before you will know that the track is the best way to see if the power is there. thats all we are saying not trying to get in a pissing contest.

but after having a M6 turbo car i can truly say a auto turbo car will be faster 99% of the time and i think it is way more fun as well. just my 2 cents
Old 05-31-2011, 09:06 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Lmao...the point from the beginning was apples to oranges. I did get off track but that was after the "apples to oranges" idea was posted and disregarded. Not a pissing match at all and your way off course with anything pertaining to Obama in here lol. Not coming down on anybody. If someone read Toms combo, it should have been obvious why it didn't make 900hp lol
Old 05-31-2011, 09:21 PM
TECH Apprentice

wow lots going on over here. Nice to hear from you wade. How's austin doin for ya??
Anyway, I'm not stepping on anyones ***** or turbos or cars. Just simply saying I would think it would put down more power than that,thats all. Track times do matter also. As for my car, It's not for sale and never will be for sale so who cares if I drive it or not. **** I haven't had insurance on it in 3 years. It's more of a tool I pull out to go blow of steam or bust some peoples *** on the Hwy. This car is so fast it's stupid!! The funny thing is it breaks sitting in my garage or when I drive it so it's more of a pain in my *** than anything. When I started the project I was kid less and getting married. Now 2 kids and 1 more on the way, 4 businesses later I just don't have time for it. But I did start ordering stuff this week to get it going again and looking good. So maybe I'll put 100 miles on before the world comes to an end in 2012.
Old 05-31-2011, 11:02 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by KWIKKAR
wow lots going on over here. Nice to hear from you wade. How's austin doin for ya??
Anyway, I'm not stepping on anyones ***** or turbos or cars. Just simply saying I would think it would put down more power than that,thats all. Track times do matter also. As for my car, It's not for sale and never will be for sale so who cares if I drive it or not. **** I haven't had insurance on it in 3 years. It's more of a tool I pull out to go blow of steam or bust some peoples *** on the Hwy. This car is so fast it's stupid!! The funny thing is it breaks sitting in my garage or when I drive it so it's more of a pain in my *** than anything. When I started the project I was kid less and getting married. Now 2 kids and 1 more on the way, 4 businesses later I just don't have time for it. But I did start ordering stuff this week to get it going again and looking good. So maybe I'll put 100 miles on before the world comes to an end in 2012.
PM Sent.

BTW - Macho Man already stopped the Rapture.

Hulk Hogan is going to stop the Mayans and implement the New World Order.
Old 06-01-2011, 09:27 AM
9 Second Club

^^^not funny^^^ please post your junk some place else the grown ups are trying to talk
Old 06-01-2011, 09:43 AM
TECH Apprentice

kwikkar - can u post a link or further explain what u did to upgrade your turbos on the aps kit (cost?). who did the work and can others partake?!?

**upgraded turbos with GT35 compressor wheels and 2.75 in inlets.**
** standard APS T28's turbine/housing**

tomz28 - what size/type rear tires? look like about MT ET Street Radials 315/50/15? r they strickly for drag use or do u street them? what did u need to do to get them to work without rubbing?
Old 06-01-2011, 10:29 AM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by mterveen
kwikkar - can u post a link or further explain what u did to upgrade your turbos on the aps kit (cost?). who did the work and can others partake?!?

tomz28 - what size/type rear tires? look like about MT ET Street Radials 315/50/15? r they strickly for drag use or do u street them? what did u need to do to get them to work without rubbing?
325/50/15 MT DRs i cut the bump stops off and some BFH work but not to much. i drive the car alot on the street just the way it looks in the pic and drive it to the track. but its alot of tire if your car is a M6 i was running 275/50/15 with some good luck
Old 06-01-2011, 01:25 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by mterveen

SNLperformance did the turbos. cost was around $1700 but I was the first one they did so I haven't checked on pricing in some time. There a sponsor on here, they also own Monster clutch company.
Old 06-01-2011, 05:10 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by KWIKKAR
SNLperformance did the turbos. cost was around $1700 but I was the first one they did so I haven't checked on pricing in some time. There a sponsor on here, they also own Monster clutch company.
They said they no longer offer this upgrade. I am not sure of their reasoning, though.
Old 06-01-2011, 08:36 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by 02blackbeauty19
They said they no longer offer this upgrade. I am not sure of their reasoning, though.
hmm that sucks and weird...

Quick Reply: LS2 APS w/lg turbos (part 3) going BIG! (Results)