Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Holy F**kin boost

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2011, 07:09 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Fobra
HAHA read those posts in the second thread linked at the top....

"Is that evo on a stock bottom end"?

"Are they running pump or race gas?"

ROFL...
haha i read through a few as well. Just goes to show the mentality of that kinda crowd.
Old 01-10-2011, 07:42 PM
On The Tree

http://www.dieselpowermag.com/tech/c...ine/index.html

Can you say 100 psi

Google Blowermax too hasnt dynoed it yet but estimating around 2k hp
Old 01-11-2011, 07:14 AM
TECH Addict

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Steve, its worth noting that he isn't actually runnuing that much boost. Guys are running over 50psi through the 4G63T blocks. What Spyro's idea is is to run more compresion than most. THis amkes the engine more efficent (as long as you dont get dept.) at any given boost level and thus make more power. Think they where looking to run around 2-3bar on the 2000bhp methanol monster.

Chris.
Old 01-11-2011, 07:21 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by lunati397
http://www.dieselpowermag.com/tech/c...ine/index.html

Can you say 100 psi

Google Blowermax too hasnt dynoed it yet but estimating around 2k hp
Thats fine when you have 6.6ltrs, but this guy is doing it with 2.0! also with the duramax you have 32valves, again this guy only have 16. This makes a difference when it comes to shifting air and thus making power!

Chris.
Old 01-11-2011, 07:40 AM
TECH Addict

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

I met a guy at a drag auction a few years back that does similar stuff here in WI. He was buynig like everything at the auction so we went up and talked to him and dubbed him "moneybags"....lol. Real cool guy and quite the operation hes got.
http://www.goodwincompetition.net/homepage.htm
We went up and toured his shop....Wow.. he had machined a complete engine out of a block of aluminum. Does some R & D for nascar in his secret room....lol. wouldnt let us in there. and he designs a lot of cams for comp cams he said.
I dont know if he lays low but we'd never heard of him prior.
Old 01-11-2011, 10:50 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by chuntington101
Thats fine when you have 6.6ltrs, but this guy is doing it with 2.0! also with the duramax you have 32valves, again this guy only have 16. This makes a difference when it comes to shifting air and thus making power!

Chris.
with 6.6 the volume of air is over 3 times what he is moving thats like blowing up a small balloon and blowing up a large balloon its not going to take much to blow up the small one and you will get higher pressure with less because of Lohm Laws for Gas pressure is resistance to flow so with 16 valves 2.0 thats a huge choke point and will you will get alot of pressure with less but then with 32 valves and 6.6 liters of displacement its going to take ten times more work to get the same achieved pressure as that 2.0

I'm a pneudraulics mechanic in the airforce and on our helicopters the pilots would complain that at ground idle system 1 pressure was at 3000 psi but if they used the controls it would drop a lot and I always had to explain that they were not getting their full flow until they were at 100% rotor speed and full flow of 7.5 GPM
Old 01-11-2011, 04:00 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by lunati397
with 6.6 the volume of air is over 3 times what he is moving thats like blowing up a small balloon and blowing up a large balloon its not going to take much to blow up the small one and you will get higher pressure with less because of Lohm Laws for Gas pressure is resistance to flow so with 16 valves 2.0 thats a huge choke point and will you will get alot of pressure with less but then with 32 valves and 6.6 liters of displacement its going to take ten times more work to get the same achieved pressure as that 2.0

I'm a pneudraulics mechanic in the airforce and on our helicopters the pilots would complain that at ground idle system 1 pressure was at 3000 psi but if they used the controls it would drop a lot and I always had to explain that they were not getting their full flow until they were at 100% rotor speed and full flow of 7.5 GPM
Totaly see where your coming from, however i was refering more to the BHP the setup was making, rather then the PSI needed.

Quick Reply: Holy F**kin boost