Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Finally pulled the motor and shipped it out.

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2011, 04:31 PM
6 Second Club Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Finally pulled the motor and shipped it out.

Well I finally pulled it and shipped it. It was running so good I didn't want to touch it. I had a full season on it with several 180 + passes and 8500 + rpm shifts. After I got a few issues sorted out it was really running good. It was the first time in MANY years the motor or heads nerver came off the car all season!!!!! Oil pressure was great but I didn't want to risk it because I plan on pushing it to the turbo limits next year. I'm hoping the 76's will make 30-32 lbs of boost, not sure we will see. What do you guys think they will peak at?????

I want to run the drag radial class but some of these guys are really stepping the program up. Mark, Mike, Steven ect. I know these 76's won't keep up. But I want to find out what they will do!

I'm up in the air on any changes, I'm thinking no but you never know. Installing a new Callies billet crankshaft.

When the shop (LME) pulls it apart I will post some pics. I found a few small cracks in the headers so they are at Speed Inc for some welding.

I was getting some high rpm signal loss with the external crank pickup. I have the old Hall effect style pick up with a flimsy bracket. I'm switching over to the new Big Stuff sensor and Kurts heavy duty bracket.

Also the car and driver needs to go on a diet. Race weight was 3520

I'll post up some pics and updates as the come.

Last edited by LASTLS1; 01-21-2011 at 08:25 PM.
Old 01-21-2011, 05:15 PM
TECH Regular

What the engine/configuration your are currently running. Im assuming its not the AES engine as you sent it back to lme. Sound like a success. Congrats on the trouble free season.
Old 01-21-2011, 07:21 PM
6 Second Club Moderator

Thanks!

The motor is a 427. It was built by someone else. The motor lost oil pressure right away. The builder didn't hone the cam tunnel and I spun 3 cam bearings. After that the motor was rebuilt by AES. Then I went out and made 3 1/8 mile passes and knocked out the thrust bearing. Still not exactly sure what happened there. I had the crank repaired and AES put new bearings in it and that's how I ran it this last season.

I've had two or three other motors built by LME. I've been talking to Brian @ LME for a while and he want's to try a couple things on the motor, nothing against AES. I get along with Frasier great!! He's always been VERY helpful.
Old 01-21-2011, 07:31 PM
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Best of luck Andy.

thanks for your business.

Last edited by AES Racing; 01-21-2011 at 10:46 PM.
Old 01-24-2011, 12:57 PM
6 Second Club Moderator

Originally Posted by AES Racing
Best of luck Andy.

thanks for your business.
Thanks old man but I'm not moving out of the country! I'll be in there to bug you!