Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

sts/Rear turbo "stand alone" oil system

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2011, 01:18 PM
TECH Addict

Received 156 Likes on 121 Posts

Default sts/Rear turbo "stand alone" oil system

Ok, ive been thinking about this almost ever since sts came out with this thing. And then peaked my interest when i saw one guy make it..
Im talking about a stand alone oil system that cuts about 5 ft of oil line and keeps from having to tap into the engine oil and circulate already hot oil into the turbo and any foreign particles that might go through there. So heres what ive gathered for something like this.

I know this is just a simple diagram but what do you think?
Old 01-23-2011, 01:36 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My Rear Mount twins run on their own oil system, It works very well and has already paid for itself once when my first engine gave up! Mine consists of a 8qt oil tank with a -12an outlet feeding a RBRacing electric oil pump, from the pump I have two y fittings one leg goes to the tank as a bypass with a restrictor to control system oil pressure, the additional legs go to the turbos inlets, out of the turbos I have -12an line draining back into the tank! Its exspensive to do correctly but it will eventually pay for itself!!
Old 01-23-2011, 04:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

theres no reason it wont work if built correctly and for people with odd setups like ^^^that one its a great idea.

Might wanna work on that diagram a little though
Old 01-23-2011, 08:25 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I believe that TracyRR has a stand alone as well. expensive to do right, but i can see the benefit of one for the rearmount guys.
Old 01-23-2011, 09:12 PM
8 Second Club

Received 121 Likes on 90 Posts

try one of Comps oil-less ball bearing setups and ditch the oiling headaches all together
Old 05-23-2011, 07:46 AM
TECH Addict

Received 156 Likes on 121 Posts

im realy debating an oiless but the initial cost is up there with well known name brands. Also i got a regular t70 before i know about oiless turbos. Thats also way im looking into self contained systems for rear monts so that i dont have much to change other then getting rid of the oil system once i do go oiless. I font want to tap into my engines oil. Id rather use an oil that can handle the needs of just the turbo, not both. That way i cn use a slightly thicker oil for it with a regular oil, not multi viscocity. i dd have a wierd question. What oil is used for prochargers where they have a self contained oil systm. i wondered since rear turbos dont generate as much heat as front mount, how much heat does one actually make and if its not too high, is there a grease or oil that could handle being sealed in the turbo without using n elabrate oiling system? Might consider trying with one of those cheap china turbos lol just to see lol SCIENCE!! lol

Quick Reply: sts/Rear turbo "stand alone" oil system