Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Exhaust routing for NOOBS

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2011, 06:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 15 Likes on 7 Posts

Default Exhaust routing for NOOBS

I have seen people run exhaust all different kinds of ways and wonder why they are run that way. I did some searching and couldnt really find what I was looking for.

What is the advantage of running it on the drivers side? What about the passenger side?

Why dont people just run it right out the side of the front bumper or behind the front wheel? Would that be too loud for the street?

Thanks for helpin me out guys.

Trey
Old 02-08-2011, 06:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

it really all depends on your setup, and what level of noise/attention you're comfortable with.
Old 02-08-2011, 08:10 PM
9 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

my turbo is on the battery location, and it has a 3.5 downpipe to a 3.5 bullet muffler out the front bumper...had a straight pipe on it, and that was pretty loud.
Old 02-08-2011, 09:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 15 Likes on 7 Posts

How loud is pretty loud? Like louder than a 11.5 compression ratio NA motor with a bullet muffler or louder?
Old 02-08-2011, 09:12 PM
TECH Addict

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by armyboyatc
I have seen people run exhaust all different kinds of ways and wonder why they are run that way. I did some searching and couldnt really find what I was looking for.

What is the advantage of running it on the drivers side? What about the passenger side?

Why dont people just run it right out the side of the front bumper or behind the front wheel? Would that be too loud for the street?

Thanks for helpin me out guys.

Trey
The law says your exhaust has to go past the passenger compartment. So it has to exit behind the doors.....otherwise cops in my town will open fire on you.

I run it on the passenger side because there is way more room....where the factory exhaust was.
Old 02-08-2011, 09:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

With a custom motor mount on the drivers side. I was able to run a truck manifold, crossover pipe, and 3" downpipe over the stock k member.

Kept the Ac too.

The turbo sits in front of the waterpump.