Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Dyno shop in new york

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2011, 05:50 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Dyno shop in new york

I am not "promoting" a non vender shop just want to know if anyone has heard of this place or used them. Heck they may be a vender. Anyway the name is Kennedy dynotune. I ran across them online and the owner seemed to know his stuff.
Old 02-10-2011, 05:53 PM
11 Second Club

I've heard some crappy things..have never used them myself.
Old 02-10-2011, 06:06 PM
TECH Apprentice

Anything in particular? The guy sounded knowledgeable on dual power adder systems?
Old 02-10-2011, 07:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I use NEW ERA performance in rochester, absolutly love the job Mike does on my car, I tinker quite a bit so im there quite often
Old 02-10-2011, 08:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Stay far away from Kennedys. They specialize in Mustangs and I've heard far too many horror stories to even consider recommending them. There's many better qualified shops in this state who specialize in LSx vehicles. Check out New Era. I've gotten a lot of parts from Mike over the years and he's helped me out with tuning a ton.
Old 02-10-2011, 08:52 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by HydroStream6
Stay far away from Kennedys. They specialize in Mustangs and I've heard far too many horror stories to even consider recommending them. There's many better qualified shops in this state who specialize in LSx vehicles. Check out New Era. I've gotten a lot of parts from Mike over the years and he's helped me out with tuning a ton.
Thanks I am not planning on using them for a tune but am considering them for a custom cam grind. Does anyone know a shop that is doing dual power adders a lot ?
Old 02-11-2011, 12:26 PM
On The Tree

I'm not one to be like this but Bob Kennedy is a f'n ******* and ripped me off. He charged me $800 to tune my old procharged WS6 and didn't even finish the tune. $300 was to change plugs in my car even though they were changed and properly gapped the day before by myself and I never OK'd this. He then said he could only tune the car to 5K because the stock injectors maxed with the procharger FMU at 5K. He advised me to delete the FMU add 42# injectors and delete the procharger boost-a-pump and put in a 255lph Walbro. He said once that was done he would finish the tune for the car for the $500 that I allready payed him, mind you he never once tried to sell me the parts. I added the parts and went to set an appointment to get the tune finished and he got all pissed off because I didn't buy the parts from him and his exact words were "I don't think we can do business together". He then hung up on me and I was like WTF and sent the PCM to pcmforless.com. He is a snobby old know it all man that thinks he is the **** when it comes to do with anything with horsepower even though he is pretty much known as the engine exploder in Western New York. His most said words are "you better bring a tralier when you come to pick up your car". I hope he reads this post but he has no reason to come on this site because he forgot everything that anybody knows here.

Moral of the story is to stay far far away from Kennedy's Dynotune. The guys at New Era Performance in Ra-cha are super cool and good to deal with. Unfortunately they don't do LT1 cars and thats why I never went there for the tune. I did buy all my Autometer guages from them and two Walbro 255 pumps though.
Old 02-11-2011, 02:00 PM
TECH Apprentice

Thanks for the input. Anyone else with info on him?

Originally Posted by madball
I'm not one to be like this but Bob Kennedy is a f'n ******* and ripped me off. He charged me $800 to tune my old procharged WS6 and didn't even finish the tune. $300 was to change plugs in my car even though they were changed and properly gapped the day before by myself and I never OK'd this. He then said he could only tune the car to 5K because the stock injectors maxed with the procharger FMU at 5K. He advised me to delete the FMU add 42# injectors and delete the procharger boost-a-pump and put in a 255lph Walbro. He said once that was done he would finish the tune for the car for the $500 that I allready payed him, mind you he never once tried to sell me the parts. I added the parts and went to set an appointment to get the tune finished and he got all pissed off because I didn't buy the parts from him and his exact words were "I don't think we can do business together". He then hung up on me and I was like WTF and sent the PCM to pcmforless.com. He is a snobby old know it all man that thinks he is the **** when it comes to do with anything with horsepower even though he is pretty much known as the engine exploder in Western New York. His most said words are "you better bring a tralier when you come to pick up your car". I hope he reads this post but he has no reason to come on this site because he forgot everything that anybody knows here.

Moral of the story is to stay far far away from Kennedy's Dynotune. The guys at New Era Performance in Ra-cha are super cool and good to deal with. Unfortunately they don't do LT1 cars and thats why I never went there for the tune. I did buy all my Autometer guages from them and two Walbro 255 pumps though.
Old 03-03-2011, 11:40 AM
TECH Fanatic

I know a local guy that was never happy with them. Same thing happened as stated, he would get charged for all sorts of crap he didnt need. I went to New Era and had my cam installed. Great guys over there.
Old 03-03-2011, 09:17 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

newera
Old 03-03-2011, 09:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Turbo people? I have heard Job is kind of a douche and may not return your call if your car makes less than 1,000 hp but he does seem to know how to tune.

Whoops, NVM. Looks like they went out of business...

Last edited by 05HD; 03-03-2011 at 09:35 PM.
Old 03-04-2011, 02:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

Default tuner?

Ide make the trip down here to Gettyburgh ,PA when Jerremy farmato comes back here in the spring and summer months! He's based in Florida and his shop is called Fast Prom i think. The guy will spend (ALL FREAKING DAY) on your ride if he has too to get its right on for a base tuning price! I heard about him from on here and NEVER EVER heard or found any negitive comments about his work and is why i opted him to tune my twin turbo SS.I couldnt have been happier
Old 03-04-2011, 03:28 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 63 Likes on 51 Posts

maybe albany area is better for you, check out redline performance in Schenectady .
Old 03-04-2011, 04:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by ramairetransam
maybe albany area is better for you, check out redline performance in Schenectady .
Ive heard of these guys as well,,, but was alittle to far of a drive for me from Pittsburgh here