Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Pusher Fans on A/C Condensor

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2011, 11:30 AM
Internet Mechanic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Pusher Fans on A/C Condensor

I am doing to preliminary research on this so please excuse any newbness. With any project, this one is at a cross roads and I am deciding the next course of action.

Its a 2002 stock LS1, and going to stay that way. I am leaning at a DIY type set up and finding tons of info on options and things I can do. I know in some DIY set ups people can either keep or loose the A/C and for me, I do want to retain. I understand a turbo K member is more or less required. 500-550 RWHP max as I do want to enjoy the short block for a good while.

I was wondering with clearence as the turbo would sit infront of the motor and move the said radiator straight up and removing the stock fans. In a stock motor sense (so stock level boost) has anyone put a Dual Pusher fan on a AC condensor to push all the way through to the radiator?

Like said I do not know if it will be sufficent for a mainly street driven car in the North East, and is driven in the summer time. I would think even if a big CFM dual fan unit always running that the coolant would be on the too hot side.

But in searching the post, I have not come across a similar situation so if anyone has links, feel free to post.

Thanks.
Old 02-18-2011, 11:46 AM
Internet Mechanic

Just to add, if I did this project It would be on 93 Octane and would have meth injection as well as Air to Air FM intercooler to give as large as a window of safety as I can.
Old 02-18-2011, 01:08 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Check my thread, some people commented on just this topic.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/forced-in...on-doable.html

One guy mentioned using Flexalite fans mounted to the condenser with stock radiator location. The size of your turbo will play an important part in deciding whether or not you will have to go vertical. Hope that helps
Old 02-18-2011, 01:55 PM
Internet Mechanic

Yea, thats a great thread I was just reading in a few hours ago. I may have some PM's for you since your doing something similar to mine.

Quick Reply: Pusher Fans on A/C Condensor