Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Boost issue

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2011, 07:35 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Boost issue

I seem to be having an issue that I cant seem to solve. I have talked to several people and they have given me some good ideas but none of them have solved the problem.

I have an 04 GTO with a heavily modified cast iron 6L and i am running a D1SC pro charger with methanol injection. The issue that I am having when I get into boost after I let off of the gas pedal to change gears the pedal becomes unresponsive. It gets stiff and I have to pump it a few times to get it to work again.

I have checked the cable and didn't see anything wrong with it. I also checked my surge valve and it working as it should. I also checked the bracket behind the gas pedal. Nothing there. I checked the throttle body as well and its not sticking and opens freely. Now this only happens when I am in boost. I can drive around all day and not have a single issue. I am out of ideas and I am new to my area and haven't found anyone close to take a look at it. So any ideas would greatly be appreciated. thanks.
Old 02-21-2011, 09:43 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The second you let off do you hear the bypass release the air? It sounds like the bypass is working at idle yet not releasing the boost pressure after a pull.
Old 02-22-2011, 04:53 AM
Teching In

I talked to procharger about that. They told me to take the valve off place my finger over the vacuum and open the valve if it stayed until I moved my finger then it was operating properly.
Old 02-22-2011, 04:58 AM
Teching In

I don't think I am hearing it but my car is loud and it didn't help that my exhaust is ring next go the door. But I did that heck and it operating normally. I had another guy tell me the same thing about not realeaseing boost. But I did that check that procharger said and from what hey say it's working.
Old 02-22-2011, 11:23 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I've seen this on a couple of blown cars, from memory the problem has to do with the boost holding the Throttle blade open.

The fix on the cars in question was to flip the throttle blade so the idle air hole was at the top ? i think.
Old 02-23-2011, 09:32 AM
6 Second Club Moderator

Originally Posted by Johnv
I've seen this on a couple of blown cars, from memory the problem has to do with the boost holding the Throttle blade open.

The fix on the cars in question was to flip the throttle blade so the idle air hole was at the top ? i think.
On my car I give the return spring a extra wrap for added tension. Most likely the cause of his problem.
Old 02-24-2011, 05:40 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by LASTLS1
On my car I give the return spring a extra wrap for added tension. Most likely the cause of his problem.
That should do the job. To the op, you don't happen to have an older FAST 90mm throttle body on your car, do you? Bob

PM's disabled, please e-mail me
E-mail: brutespeed@gmail.comob@brutespeed.com

https://brutespeed.com/ Link to website

Old 02-25-2011, 06:42 PM
Teching In

No it's a 92mm and it's about a year old. One guy suggested it might be my methanol that's keeping the throttle body sticking closed.
Old 02-25-2011, 07:06 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Where is the vac line on the blow off hooked up?

Kurt
Old 02-26-2011, 07:59 PM
Teching In

it is coming off of the fuel pressure regulator.
Old 02-27-2011, 05:59 AM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Prime8
it is coming off of the fuel pressure regulator.
Maybe it's just me, but I think you would want a dedicated line for each of those equally important parts.

Quick Reply: Boost issue