Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

which direct fit procharger fan

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2011, 12:47 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default which direct fit procharger fan

I need to order a fan for my p1sc prochager kit on my 2001 camaro ss but cannot figure out which fan to go with! I here that a lot of people go with a spal extreme or high performance model but is this a direct bolt in and wire up option? Is the stock procharger fan a inadequate fan
Old 03-01-2011, 12:02 AM
TECH Regular

to the top
Old 03-01-2011, 11:40 AM
Teching In

Surprised Bob didn't catch this haha.

http://shop.brutespeed.com/ProCharge...metal_c523.htm

Here is the installation manual, shows how to wire the fan in etc.

http://www.ls1.com/ed/procharger_owners_manual.pdf
Old 03-01-2011, 01:40 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by transamblack
Surprised Bob didn't catch this haha.

http://shop.brutespeed.com/ProCharge...metal_c523.htm

Here is the installation manual, shows how to wire the fan in etc.

http://www.ls1.com/ed/procharger_owners_manual.pdf
lol... Sorry to let you down, I was working on my website today up until now. Thanks for sending the op in the right direction! Bob

PM's disabled, please e-mail me
E-mail: brutespeed@gmail.comob@brutespeed.com

https://brutespeed.com/ Link to website

Old 03-02-2011, 09:36 AM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I used a Spal paddle fan, part number 30102082, still meant for daily driver duty and good for almost 2500 cfm. It has kept my car cool even in the Texas heat for the last couple years now. It wasn't 100% direct fit, I had to drill the mounting holes in the shroud, but that was the extent of it, pretty simple install really.
Old 03-05-2011, 09:08 AM
Teching In

Does anyone know the cfm of the ati procharger 16" fan?
Old 03-05-2011, 09:20 AM
UNDER PRESSURE MOD

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by WS6Procharged
Does anyone know the cfm of the ati procharger 16" fan?
Exactly. What's the difference between the ati 16" fan and say a SPAL extreme PART # 30102113?
Old 03-05-2011, 10:11 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I am looking at buying a procharger set up in a couple of weeks. If an upgraded fan is best let me know because I would like to discuss that with the shop and possibly get a price break for never ordering the stock fan to begin with.

Under what driving and environmental conditions do most find problems with the stock fan?
Old 03-05-2011, 10:18 AM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The Spal extreme isn't meant for long life. It doesn't have a sealed motor housing which means it is not recommended for a daily driver, unless you want to be replacing the fan often. That's why I chose the fan I did from Spal, it is sealed and designed for daily use.

I don't know if Procharger has named the manufacturer or model of the fan they use in their kits, but it isn't as strong as the Spal options.
Old 03-05-2011, 04:37 PM
UNDER PRESSURE MOD

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Well, considering I don't drive when it's wet, and put less than a 1000 miles a year on the car, even if it only lasts for 10,000 miles, that's plenty for me.
Old 03-12-2011, 06:12 PM
Teching In

I purchased a 98 Procharged ws6 Track car. Single intercooler, not the twins. I am in the process of making some changes to make it more street friendly. It had a 5000 stall. I had a 3200 stall put in. Next is the overheating problem.

I read alot of posts reguarding this. Lots of guys ditch the A/C. I don't want to. I am in Arizona where its really hot, and this thing overheated in our 60 degree winters.. So this is my project underway.

BeCool aluminum dualcore raidiator.
Spal 16" pusher on the drivers side and the ATI 16" puller fan on the passenger side. Toss the shroud. This is going to take some custom fab work. The fans will overlap a little bit in the center, but should flow ok because of the air not being disturbed too much after traveling through the condensor and the raidiator.

I have to move my trans cooler that is attached to the condensor to make room for the pusher fan. I have a friend that is going to help with the fab because this is more than I can do. Hope this helps
Old 03-13-2011, 06:13 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by WS6Procharged
I purchased a 98 Procharged ws6 Track car. Single intercooler, not the twins. I am in the process of making some changes to make it more street friendly. It had a 5000 stall. I had a 3200 stall put in. Next is the overheating problem.

I read alot of posts reguarding this. Lots of guys ditch the A/C. I don't want to. I am in Arizona where its really hot, and this thing overheated in our 60 degree winters.. So this is my project underway.

BeCool aluminum dualcore raidiator.
Spal 16" pusher on the drivers side and the ATI 16" puller fan on the passenger side. Toss the shroud. This is going to take some custom fab work. The fans will overlap a little bit in the center, but should flow ok because of the air not being disturbed too much after traveling through the condensor and the raidiator.

I have to move my trans cooler that is attached to the condensor to make room for the pusher fan. I have a friend that is going to help with the fab because this is more than I can do. Hope this helps
That Be-Cool is going to work good for you. I recently did one and it helped out drasticly. Also moving your trans cooler will be big for you as well. Those things generate a lot of heat and when I moved mine away from my condenser that alone stopped a lot of the overheating issues. YOur plan should work good. Post some pics to update us on your results.

Quick Reply: which direct fit procharger fan