Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Hybrid STS build

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2011, 10:45 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I listed the ORY, factory manifolds, and and Aeromotive GS 340 on ebay if anyone is looking for those things. I haven't been a member for 6 months and don't have 50 posts, so I can't post in the classifieds on this board. Hopefully that will change before much longer.
Old 04-07-2011, 03:42 PM
Staging Lane

Nearing 50 posts, so I'm going to list the new Turbo I bought for this setup in the classifieds soon. I am also going to start a new thread and quit posting in this thread when I get some pictures from the new project (front mount).
Old 04-07-2011, 03:47 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Glad you are switching.

I was going to be going the route of rear mounting when my Grand National buddy talked me out of it; lag time, oil line complexity, turbo being covered in water ( I drive my car in the rain), etc.
Old 04-07-2011, 04:08 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Chicago TDP
Glad you are switching.

I was going to be going the route of rear mounting when my Grand National buddy talked me out of it; lag time, oil line complexity, turbo being covered in water ( I drive my car in the rain), etc.
I had plenty try to talk me out of it as well, but I thought I would be stubborn. My stubbornness eventually broke. I know they can be made to work well with the right setup as others have shown in the past. I was just getting to the point of going through as much fab work to build my own setup as I would with a front mount.
Old 04-07-2011, 04:52 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Fabbing kinda sucks....I have a thread on here where I built "log-ish" style stainless headeres. They were a lot of work, mainly trying to cut the bird-mouth to join the smaller primaries to into the larger "log" that runs to the turbo.

Look into some other nova builds, same as your first gen Camaro...forward mount headers might be your best option...and then build a front crossover pipe, mount the turbo on the passenger side and go from there!

Quick Reply: Hybrid STS build