Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

LS1 Bogging with Procharger

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2011, 12:00 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

+1 on getting it tuned by a pro... you're gonna be really pissed when that car you just financed spits connecting rods all over the street from a bad tune. If it's driving that poorly, stop driving it until you get an appointment for a tune.
Old 04-16-2011, 12:19 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A great tune can not be said enough, What plugs and gap do you have? Make sure they are NGK TR6 gapped @ .032 to .035
Welcome to the Procharged world, this forum rocks!

Last edited by XTNCTTA; 04-16-2011 at 01:05 AM.
Old 04-17-2011, 01:37 AM
Teching In

Its got potential, I thought it was a steal for $7400 I just need to get it running smooth and I think I'll have one of the fastest cars around town. I'm looking into having it tuned by a pro, again because the whole thing is finance and this is my 4th Fbody I've learned to go the extra mile the first time and not worry about everything blowing up because I cheaped out.

If anyone else has suggestions, or if they already have a procharged LS1...let me know the tips and tricks. I'm not new to fbodys but I am new to supercharging and etc. so any advice or direction is appreciated.

Thanks.
Old 04-17-2011, 04:04 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Like everyone else said get it tuned. A tune is the most important aspect of the car. What else are you trying or wanting to do?
Old 04-19-2011, 12:10 PM
Teching In

Exclamation

This weekend was really nice and I was able to go through everything. Right next to the supercharger on a seperate vacuum line I have what looks like a BOV, but its all rusty and corroded. If this is worn out, wouldn't this be my problem.

If the BOV is not opening when its suppose to i.e. under throttle and shifting gears...then it would cause my car to bog down? I did some reading on this site and a few others about BOV's and I think i'm going to take mine off and clean it up to see if it makes a difference when I drive.
Old 04-19-2011, 12:51 PM
UNDER PRESSURE MOD

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Post a picture if you can, you know what they say about pics...
Old 04-20-2011, 06:06 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts
LS1Tech 20 Year Member

Originally Posted by 2fast4u98
This weekend was really nice and I was able to go through everything. Right next to the supercharger on a seperate vacuum line I have what looks like a BOV, but its all rusty and corroded. If this is worn out, wouldn't this be my problem.

If the BOV is not opening when its suppose to i.e. under throttle and shifting gears...then it would cause my car to bog down? I did some reading on this site and a few others about BOV's and I think i'm going to take mine off and clean it up to see if it makes a difference when I drive.
I don't see a faulty bypass valve causing the engine to bog. You can hook it up to a vacuum pump and check to make sure it is functioning correctly. Bob

PM's disabled, please e-mail me
E-mail: brutespeed@gmail.comob@brutespeed.com

https://brutespeed.com/ Link to website

Old 04-20-2011, 09:36 AM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Agreed with Bob, if the bypass isn't opening like it should it wuld cause the air to back up into the supercharger and it would cause a high idle, but not bogging. Just like everyone else said, get that car to a tuner.

It is possible the MAF sensor is bad causing faulty readings to get to the computer, but there's not way to know without having a good log of what the computer is seeing when the problem happens, and a tuner can do this for you.

The bottom line is for troubleshooting that will be the most valuable help even if it is a bad part somewhere, having the scan is more helpful than trying to throw guesses out across the internet.
Old 05-02-2011, 12:04 AM
Teching In

So after talking to some people at the local cruise last week that had supercharged cars, and knew what they were talking about. I tightened the pulley down on the belt and I am now running about 6psi of boost out of the car. Its running like a dream, and I'll be taking it to dyno days next weekend to have it tuned. The one thing I have left to do is replace the actual belt itself, its showing some signs of wear and a little cracking, so after this weekend I should be golden.

If anyone is looking at this post to troubleshoot, ask the pro's and make sure you tighten your pulley's. Mine was a simple fix and now my car is running fine.
Old 05-02-2011, 02:32 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by 2fast4u98
I have been staying out of it, again I've only had it 2 days, and I took out a loan on the whole thing..."I'm driving it like a cop is behind me". But even when I drive it like my grandma it will still slightly shutter/ miss for a second and throw a code that says its running too rich.

I heard we have some place called Redline tuning here in town. I'm going to have them take a look at and tell me what they think. Thanks again for the response.
Redline? You located in WI?

Quick Reply: LS1 Bogging with Procharger