Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

a lil help plz

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2011, 03:29 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default a lil help plz

I am almost ready to put my rear mount set up on just need a few more things k the guy helping me with my set up tells me I need to buy a tial 50mm bov and a tial 38mm wastegate....do I really need the high dollar stuff right off the bat or is there a lil cheaper brand I can start with I'm on a cheap budget and want to get it on the car already lol had the t-70 and all piping for over 8 months now also can I use 38lb injectors was going to use 42lb but that fell through any advice would be greatly apreciated
Old 04-17-2011, 09:07 AM
TECH Regular

first off, forced induction and cheap budget just dont mix. its like oil and water... STS turbo kits come with 38mm wastegates so id go for that, for the bov, i use a SYNAPSE SYNCHRONIC BOV and works perfect for me. as for the injectors i wouldnt use #38 i would definately look for some 42# and still, thats the smallest id go. boost is addicting and later on youre going to want to up the boost some. just remember, you cant expect a lot of power when youre going on the inexpensive side. if you cant afford the good quality parts, why not just wait it out until you have the money to do it?
i had given myself a $4000 budget for parts on the car... $9000+ later, still not done.
Old 04-17-2011, 09:16 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Do not skimp on the gate or bov. those things are critical in a boosted set up. a ebay gate will stick causing over boost and the bov wont release the pressure right leading to blown pipes. Figure this waste gate 300-500 dollars, shortblock 3000-5000 dollars.
Old 04-18-2011, 02:52 PM
Teching In

Thanks for the advice guess I will just stick it out dam getting anxious a buddy of mine was doing 11.5 on 10lbs with a t-67 on stock 10 bolt I wanna see what I got with my set up should be fun once again thanks for the advice
Old 04-18-2011, 08:42 PM
TECH Regular

dont give up or try to do everything in a hurry... take your time and believe me, itll be worth knowing you didnt take the cheap route and also knowing your parts and engine will last a good while once its up and going. i had my turbo set up in a box for several months and was slowly upgrading all the shitty parts and now that i drive it, im glad i took my time, sucked it up, and bought the best parts.
Old 04-18-2011, 08:45 PM
Gingervitis Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by OUTLAWZ RACING
Do not skimp on the gate or bov. those things are critical in a boosted set up. a ebay gate will stick causing over boost and the bov wont release the pressure right leading to blown pipes. Figure this waste gate 300-500 dollars, shortblock 3000-5000 dollars.
I doubt he will blow pipes, but killing the turbo's thrust bearing is more likely. Name brand BOVs can be had for about $200, but depending on how you drive an automatic car may be able to get away without a BOV on low boost. IIRC, Buick GNs didnt come with one.
Old 04-18-2011, 10:19 PM
Teching In

Yea I have a level 3 4l60_ only thing that sucks is I have no stall its only 1900 but that friend of mine that had the t-67 said it could work in my favor since I will be under laod sooner it should spool up faster idk was going to stall it but then all the turbo stuff fell in my lap and couldn't pass up the deal turbonetics t-70 and all hot and cold side pipes $600

Quick Reply: a lil help plz