Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Apex Bov on Procharger? Any ideas?

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2011, 11:12 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Apex Bov on Procharger? Any ideas?

So i ran across a good deal on some spare parts. I already have an procharger Bov, And another penlium But i got this with some other parts i needed. And i was wondering. Because i haven't heard of anyone running much besides procharger bov, If this is any better or worse? or if it even works or any thoughts on the setup?

Last edited by FlipediS; 04-25-2011 at 11:26 PM.
Old 04-26-2011, 06:50 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

Blowers are always producing some amount of boost as they are belt driven, where a turbo spools up as the exhaust velocity is increased. Bypass valves are used with blowers since they always relieve the boost until near zero vacuum (heavy throttle) is achieved. Blow-off valves are designed to relieve boost at a set amount of boost, and can cause boost stacking when used with a blower. Light springs can be used with blow-off valves so that they can be used with blowers, and many have reported success with doing so. Unless a blow off valve is properly set up with a light spring though, the boost that is built up places a load on the blower that is hard on it, plus it will try to slow the blower down which can cause belt slippage. Stacked up boost will also try to find weak spot in the tubing and hoses to blow out of. Bob

PM's disabled, please e-mail me
E-mail: brutespeed@gmail.comob@brutespeed.com

https://brutespeed.com/ Link to website

Old 04-26-2011, 12:11 PM
Banned

So, If the BOV was set so it was open at and idle and low rpm it would work? Also from what i read. Pro chargers are set up and don't produce much power tell higher rpm? I was reading an on some forms where they talked about putting a restricter plate on it to make boost to come in at a lower level. Well wouldn't a BOV that close earlier just create the boost to come in sooner?

Sorry im totally new to all this and just trying to get a proper understanding. And thanks again for all your help and feedback
Old 04-26-2011, 12:33 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by FlipediS
So, If the BOV was set so it was open at and idle and low rpm it would work? Also from what i read. Pro chargers are set up and don't produce much power tell higher rpm? I was reading an on some forms where they talked about putting a restricter plate on it to make boost to come in at a lower level. Well wouldn't a BOV that close earlier just create the boost to come in sooner?

Sorry im totally new to all this and just trying to get a proper understanding. And thanks again for all your help and feedback
Yes, if you set it up to open early it will work. You want a bypass or a bov to instantly release the boost as soon as the throttle is slammed shut, that is the most critical aspect of them. A ProChargers boost generally comes in soon enough without needing a restrictor plate, generally the rear tires can barely keep up as is. Even with moderate part throttle driving, you'll feel a little of the boost coming in. Bob

PM's disabled, please e-mail me
E-mail: brutespeed@gmail.comob@brutespeed.com

https://brutespeed.com/ Link to website

Old 04-26-2011, 09:26 PM
Banned

Cant thank you enough.. thanks again. Really cant wait to get mine together and in. but it will be as bit long since i ran in to a small financial step back. I i had the money to just buy the rest i needed from you i would. But for now got to keep just picking up what pieces here and there for now.

Quick Reply: Apex Bov on Procharger? Any ideas?