Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

422 LSX w/ Twin PT76's on KYTP kit

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2011, 09:37 AM
Restricted User

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

The car weighs 3450 without him and 3650 with him in race trim. He has been toying with the idea of putting the A/C back in but the car never ever goes out during the day unless it's to go to the track in the trailer. All street cruising/racing happens at night so the temp is not that big of a factor. The other thing is that he has a bunch of kids so he parks the car during the summer in favor of doing other activities with the kids (primarily boating/fishing). Besides, A/C or not, just getting into that jacket and helmet will cook you when it's 90*+ with 90+% humidity outside. Not to mention that our track is in the middle of the swamp so they got some big *** mosquitoes out there. The last thing being that his cage is not legal for his times so he can't really race any sanctioned events without slowing the car down to 8.50's or putting a 25.x cage in. Once you put in the 25.x cage, forget about passing it off as a street car.
Old 09-23-2011, 10:22 AM
10 Second Club

Sounds like he is at a crossroads.
Old 09-23-2011, 05:39 PM
Restricted User

Some interior shots.

passenger seat

headliner

passenger door skin

Last edited by 98Z28CobraKiller; 09-23-2011 at 05:50 PM.
Old 09-23-2011, 05:51 PM
Restricted User

laptop with classic rescue vehicle tracks.
Old 09-23-2011, 05:55 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Man, that is beyond shitty what happened?
Old 09-23-2011, 06:04 PM
Restricted User

Underneath:

Some extra crispy wiring attached to rear passenger seat bucket

Passenger rear quarter

Driver rear tailight?

Passenger side next to transmission. That's the secondary pump for transpan fluid cooling

Driver's side next to trans

Passenger rear Afco

Drag bar bushings

Drive shaft speed wiring and sensor
Old 09-23-2011, 06:05 PM
Restricted User

Originally Posted by Professor_speed
Man, that is beyond shitty what happened?
See page 5
Old 09-23-2011, 06:32 PM
Coal Mining Director

Really hate that happened Was the hose teflon lined? How did the fire get into the interior?
Old 09-23-2011, 07:50 PM
OWN3D BY MY PROF!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

That really sucks, but the laptop is kind of amusing that they were perfect in being able to completely destroy it.
Old 09-23-2011, 08:14 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by TTAWD
If I remember right this is the same crew that had all that trouble with 2 or 3 name brand EFI systems, and I think Holley even come on here to set things straight at one point.

Now this, I think there are some sloppy mechanics in the bunch.

I know you guys are going to kick me in the ***** for this but it is the truth.

The guy posting the pictures is the tuner and I believe the owner, the tuner, and maybe 1 other person were involved in the build? They went through a couple of junk ECU's and were among the first to push the Holley system hard.

The line busted. I don't see how the quality of the mechanic has anything to do with it unless it was laying on a piece of exhaust piping.
Old 09-23-2011, 08:26 PM
10 Second Club

what a douche, do you even understand how bad and how quickly **** can go south in a car with this much power going that fast in the 1/4? **** happens man, if you don't beleive me look at some of the threads lately posted on other sites about people's cars catching on fire and there not even being a functional water truck on site, at least los' track had the safety crew there on hand and they were able to put the blaze out before it consumed the whole car.

Sucks that happened to him los, that is/was one bad *** car.

Judging by the pictures, I think it's time he did the 25.x whatever cage and put two comfy racing seats in there, and do a nice aluminum dash/center console floor pan to lighten the car considerably. I bet he could get it down to 3100 without him in it if he tried, and if he could and did that, I don't see why he couldn't run 7.0's and compete with the best of them in LSX ODR or ODR for that matter.
Old 09-23-2011, 10:05 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

haters gon hate!

I admire all the builds these guys do. The short turn around times these guys have on starting these builds are incredible and by no means sloppy. I have seen sloppy where people have done budget motor swaps and cut every corner they could. It looks like **** and functions that way. This build isn't anywhere near one of those types of builds.
Old 09-23-2011, 10:21 PM
10 Second Club

Looking at the pics again I see now that the AMS 1000 was just BARELY spared in the center console.
Old 09-26-2011, 01:50 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Any updates on the car?
Old 09-26-2011, 07:06 PM
Restricted User

Just to clarify with regards to the ECU's, when Holley comes out with a new feature, we get it first and at cost. We are testing for them. If what you said were true, then Holley would want as much distance between us and them. We have a very good relationship between us and Doug Flynn. He is THE GUY in charge of the Holley HP and Dominator EFI. Our initial problems ended up being their fault and to their credit, they owned it in a big way and provided us with anything and everything that we needed overnight. That's when I stopped posting about it because the nature of our relationship changed. The changes going into their next revision electronics can be attributed in large part to the testing that we have done for them on this car, Joe's car and my car.

Doug just sent us solenoids to start testing the integrated boost control. This car will likely be last to get that as he has the AMS1000 already. Joe and myself will be first. I look forward to getting that up and running. My understanding is that the software will allow for multiple ramps and stages and will be able to support target boost by time and target dome pressure by time. Initially we will be doing target dome pressure like the AMS products do it. This is alot easier to accomplish than actual target boost as the PID gets far more complex due to all the variable such as turbo size, wastegate type and size, and back pressure.

As I mentioned in a previous post, the line that let go was supposed to be high pressure/high temp and was custom made by a local hydraulic line company. Apparently someone fucked up over there because there was no wire in the line and the problem that he was specifically trying to avoid happening is what actually ended up happening. It goes back to the old adage that if you want something done right, you gotta do it yourself.

All that said, we are just a group of friends that pool our resources to put out some quick cars. Steve owns a window tinting company. I am an independent IT guy and Joe is a Ford parts guy. We don't do this for cash. We do it for fun. The only reason that I write this stuff up is because I have learned pretty much everything that I know about these LS cars here with the help of others that have been kind enough to share their knowledge with me over the years. Well that, and actually doing it. Just giving back a little. Hope that clears things up for ya.

Last edited by Fireball; 09-27-2011 at 10:27 AM.
Old 09-26-2011, 07:16 PM
Restricted User

Originally Posted by 87silverbullet
Any updates on the car?
Basically all the burnt stuff is in the process of coming out and the car will be going to the body shop this weekend for fresh paint. Should look like new on the outside early next week. It should be back up and running in a few weeks unless he decides to go full race but I don't realistically think that will happen. Race seats will happen for sure though. It's not looking like he will miss any good air. It's still Africa hot down here in South Florida so it's good that it happened now.
Old 09-26-2011, 08:04 PM
10 Second Club

Can't wait to see it back up and running. So he'll lose 50-60 pounds with the cloth stock seats removed, and gain back 20 of it with race seats. Is he taking anything else out while its stripped down inside?
Old 09-27-2011, 08:35 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by 98Z28CobraKiller
Basically all the burnt stuff is in the process of coming out and the car will be going to the body shop this weekend for fresh paint. Should look like new on the outside early next week. It should be back up and running in a few weeks unless he decides to go full race but I don't realistically think that will happen. Race seats will happen for sure though. It's not looking like he will miss any good air. It's still Africa hot down here in South Florida so it's good that it happened now.
Sounds good. Its a good thing that just some wiring and physical things got damaged and not a ton of the electronics.

I hear ya on the Africa hot thing. I'm in south Louisiana and I work outside and at the end of a day I smell like an elephant's ***.

Its still 90-95 degrees down here with 90% humidity and were almost in October.
Old 09-27-2011, 10:28 AM
TECH Senior Member

cleaned up the thread...
Old 09-27-2011, 10:37 AM
10 Second Club

I'm sure los will appreciate it, as you and any of us who are actually at the track on a weekly basis sometimes more than once in a week, know how fast and badly this **** can turn in a heartbeat.

Quick Reply: 422 LSX w/ Twin PT76's on KYTP kit