Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Good or Bad.Which turbo company to go with???

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2011, 10:35 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Good or Bad.Which turbo company to go with???

I would like to get a twin turbo kit eventually. Every company bashes the other, and all of them makes claims. How is someone to know what to go with Other than ask people that have been there and done that already. Which is why i am asking everyone on here! Honestly price wise, i think its not possible to do what i want right now, but id like to know what to shoot for. So im gona put out what id like in a kit and see if it could even be done.

1. I want the turbos mounted on high on both sides. I like all of my stuff asymmetrical, I wana pop the hood and see them!

2. Retain the a/c

3. A2A intercooler, i dont want to mess with water intercooling/ice

4. Twin 57mm turbos or so, on just a heads cam ls1. 10-15 lbs Something i could go a lil bigger with later on.

5. American Made

6. Not spend 10,000-15,000.

The only companies i know that makes kits like this is Speed Inc, and i love the way the kit looks that 417 motorsports do. (I heard they want 11-13k dont knowtho, they never return emails)
Its tempting to just get a used procharger for 4k. But only so far u can go with the centered intercooler box, and there is belt slip problems. Id rather have a boost controller, instead of changing belts. Any comments on problems from companies, or good stories would be appreciated! Or any other ideas, comments.
Old 04-27-2011, 11:24 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Twins are gonna cost a lot no matter what. If you want a custom kit that retains a/c, symmetrically positioned and located up front then you WILL be paying 10k. That is just the nature of the beast when you deal with a twin setup like this. You had better be ready to make some compromises. To start, abs will be a figment of your imagination from now on. Relocation will be a word that is highlighted in your vocabulary lol. I will tell you that the engine and the turbo kit is just the tip of the iceburg as far as the expenditures. The fuel system, suspension, boost controller, gauges, catchcan, coatings, cooling system, fans, drivetrain upgrades (transmission, rear end, driveshaft) and so on is just as expensive. I would recommend Josh at Kentucky turbo to build the kit. He can build a kit that will cover all of your requests. He is a stand up dude and builds high quality kits. He always takes more than enough time to answer any questions you have and is very helpful in all aspects of your build. I have never made a call that he didn't answer or call right back if he was on the other line. Great dude to buy from. I wouldn't look anywhere else. He will have the best priced kit compared to other companies and his quality is second to none. I might be a little biased, but I do have a kit in my possesion. I don't have one complaint about his work. Just my humble .02
Old 04-27-2011, 11:30 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just to add one more thing: Do a search on KYTP kits and your computer will go into feakin convulsions lol. Steve's kit was one of the first f-body kits and he's ripping off 7.80's. Although he doesn't have a/c on the car right now, the kit can retain a/c.
Old 04-28-2011, 04:37 PM
Teching In

Thnx man, kinda what i figured but the info always helps!
Old 04-28-2011, 11:43 PM
TECH Addict

Theres a thread in this section about Modular's new twin setup but it is about 10k, although its a complete bolt on. They are also making a more budget based kit so I would give Rob a call. Great guy to deal with!

Quick Reply: Good or Bad.Which turbo company to go with???