Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

P1sc 6rib setup????'s

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2011, 03:29 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default P1sc 6rib setup????'s

Ok basically like I stated in another thread I'm really thinking hard about buying a kit for my TA. The price us a hard one to pass up, almost half off any price I've been quoted by anyone. The kit is brand new never installed, still in the original packing. The only doubts I have is this is a p1sc (wanted a D1sc), 3.5" innercoolers and it is a 6 rib drive setup. I was wondering if I were to pulley this thing for the recommended 7psi would belt slip be an issue? Will the 3.5" innercoolers cause any overheating issues? Keep in mind this is going on a pure street car, no track time foreseen in it's future (maybe one time just to see what it can do). If the 6 rib setup will cause belt slip what are my options to alleviate it. I have only found a few ways to get rid of the slip: buy an 8 rib setup plus dampner for $900 and still have a possibility of belt slip, buy an 8 rib setup plus dampner plus Aster bracket for ~$1600 and elinate all belt slip up to a boost level I will not be able to run, or do the Chevychad "poor man's method to belt wrap" which I really like but haven't seen anyone perform on a 6rib setup. Again as always all help, comments, and advice is greatly appreciated!!!!!

Jason
Old 05-13-2011, 03:45 PM
TECH Addict

At 7psi belt slip should not be a problem. Its when you start getting up there in boost that it becomes a problem.
Old 05-13-2011, 04:10 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jastone
Ok basically like I stated in another thread I'm really thinking hard about buying a kit for my TA. The price us a hard one to pass up, almost half off any price I've been quoted by anyone. The kit is brand new never installed, still in the original packing. The only doubts I have is this is a p1sc (wanted a D1sc), 3.5" innercoolers and it is a 6 rib drive setup. I was wondering if I were to pulley this thing for the recommended 7psi would belt slip be an issue? Will the 3.5" innercoolers cause any overheating issues? Keep in mind this is going on a pure street car, no track time foreseen in it's future (maybe one time just to see what it can do). If the 6 rib setup will cause belt slip what are my options to alleviate it. I have only found a few ways to get rid of the slip: buy an 8 rib setup plus dampner for $900 and still have a possibility of belt slip, buy an 8 rib setup plus dampner plus Aster bracket for ~$1600 and elinate all belt slip up to a boost level I will not be able to run, or do the Chevychad "poor man's method to belt wrap" which I really like but haven't seen anyone perform on a 6rib setup. Again as always all help, comments, and advice is greatly appreciated!!!!!

Jason
Im still on the 6rib setup and I'm running the chevy Chad mod and I see
No belt silp at all
Old 05-13-2011, 04:14 PM
10 Second Club

I am running the 6 rib set-up still and have some problems with it but not enough to justify $1600 and changing my water pump out. The Chevy Chad mod should help but I have my own way of preventing the belt slip.
Old 05-13-2011, 05:17 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 02LS1ram
Im still on the 6rib setup and I'm running the chevy Chad mod and I see
No belt silp at all
Was the Chevychad mod different at all for you, since it was a 6 rib? If you could let me know a little specifics as to what you did to make it work I very much appreciate it!!
Old 05-13-2011, 05:20 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Packy
I am running the 6 rib set-up still and have some problems with it but not enough to justify $1600 and changing my water pump out. The Chevy Chad mod should help but I have my own way of preventing the belt slip.
I know right, $1600 is a little much for me to justify if I don't need it, especially since I'm going low boost. Just outta curiosity though, what way do you have of circumventing belt slip?
Old 05-13-2011, 05:25 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Cam72aro
At 7psi belt slip should not be a problem. Its when you start getting up there in boost that it becomes a problem.
You say "when you start getting up there in boost" do mean greater than 10psi? I was thinking that if everything goes well for a while I might pulley this thing a little higher ~9-10psi.
Old 05-14-2011, 07:23 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Was the Chevychad mod different at all for you, since it was a 6 rib? If you could let me know a little specifics as to what you did to make it work I very much appreciate it!!
All u need to do is have one hex standoff machined down and add a pulley. It made a big difference for me. Search for (poor mans method to better belt wrap) and read threw the post and you will understand it much better
Old 05-14-2011, 07:29 AM
TECH Addict

You say "when you start getting up there in boost" do mean greater than 10psi? I was thinking that if everything goes well for a while I might pulley this thing a little higher ~9-10psi.
I still don't think you will have a problem with 9-10 psi. I mean 15-20psi. Not sure if the p1sc will go that high. If the price is right, jump on it. After you get it run it and see if there are any problems. I think you will be fine.
Old 05-14-2011, 09:04 AM
10 Second Club

I know right, $1600 is a little much for me to justify if I don't need it, especially since I'm going low boost. Just outta curiosity though, what way do you have of circumventing belt slip?
I use a belt so small (39.3") that I have to turn my crank manually to get it on. Then after warming it up and breaking it in I will adjust the manual tensioner tighter but only for racing. I have thrown a few belts at the track and went through some bearings on the tensioner but I always make at least 8 or 9 psi with no issues. If I use a 40 inch belt is slips after 6000 rpms.
Old 05-14-2011, 03:02 PM
TECH Apprentice

I ran 9psi with the 6-rib and stock tensioner with no belt slip.... Went through some bearings as well but thats only an $70 fix. Car made 523rwhp
Old 05-14-2011, 03:05 PM
TECH Apprentice

Look at this thread

https://ls1tech.com/forums/forced-in...-finished.html

Quick Reply: P1sc 6rib setup????'s