Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Rear mount guys taking opinions and wondering if it will work.408+y2k 88mm

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2011, 03:53 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Rear mount guys taking opinions and wondering if it will work.408+y2k 88mm

Well after some thought I am gauging if it will work. I am doing a swap in my CCSB colorado. Im putting a lq9/4l80 in it to work bugs out on the truck and this fall pull trans to have gone through and then will put in the setup. This setup originally going to be in a mustang but .... long story its not going in it and decided to put in truck.
What I have
lq4 donor motor
eagle crank
eagle rods with 2000bolts
mahle nitrous/blower pistons
l92 heads/manly stainless valves/ patriot springs
y2k Turbonetics T6 88mm
precision 46mm WG to small??? should I buy a 2nd 46mm wg??

What I need to buy
Cam <---#1 question
injectors, ID1000s? maybe another? just like there drivabilty but would like a cheaper set.
2 maybe 3 255lph?
ls3 intake, simple cheap works
car manifolds 2.5" or 3" v banded Y pipe to 3" or 3.5" to turbo??????
have the 4l80 gone through(prob rpm transmissions as there close) and vig converter
Will prob also have moser build a rearend.

Things keep in mind the truck gets drivin quite a bit. The turbo inlet will go into the bed and a big panel filter will be on the front upright of the bed so weather wont effect it. The pistons have a -20cc dish IIRC it was @ 9.2-9.5:1 so hoping keep it on pump with meth if needed. I was wondering about the spool time I know it is a large turbo but hoping the DBB helps it.
I was figuring on 10-12psi would like to see @ 750-800hp at the wheels which I wouldnt think it be that hard other than wanting a baby cam in it for streetabiliity. The truck also be using a TBSS ecu and will be on hptuners and probally have Noris tune it as he is local. Have done searching and seen some setups kinda close but in a car or there front mount. I dont need a red light bandit and realize the turbo will come in a little later and thats fine,help with traction and imagine most runs be done from a roll anyways.
Let me know what you think i will take all opinions.

Thanks
Chris
Old 05-17-2011, 04:14 PM
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by $ho_tyme
have the 4l80 gone through(prob rpm transmissions as there close)
And you kinda know a guy there
Old 05-17-2011, 04:25 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Jeremy@RPMTransmissions
And you kinda know a guy there
Lol yea and know a few loose nuts there.
Old 05-17-2011, 07:14 PM
TECH Regular

Im running 2.5 back to my turbo. Ive been told I would make more power running a 2" to a rear mount. I dont remember what hp level they said to go for 2.25. It more than you think for a rear mount. It was philvette or someone that has done alot of testing. I dont think its zombie.

Im running 80mm s400 with a 1.32ar rear mount, however I am running a spool valve to make up for the large ar. I am running meth. I plan on making 900 + or -. You should be able to reach your goal easy. I am running a 402 BTW.
Old 05-17-2011, 08:48 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I would NOT put a T6 on a rear mount unless you ARE going to use a spool valve. Iron manifolds to a 2.25" Y-pipe to a 3" intermediate pipe back to the turbo. Wrap it all---manifolds back.
Old 05-17-2011, 09:23 PM
Staging Lane

Thanks guys,I know there been alot on on size and read some but it had been on the front mount setups. I had planned to wrap everything including the charge pipe back to the front and a beanie on the exh. housing. But I am taking all this info in and going to look into the spool valve as this is a new item to me. I will be at the shop here in a bit and I will get the exhaust a/r size.
Old 05-17-2011, 10:36 PM
Staging Lane

Doing some reading and dont think the valve will help me as I have an open
T6 .96 a/r on it. Correct me if I am wrong?
Old 05-18-2011, 09:49 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Correct, you would need a divided housing for the spool valve.

Quick Reply: Rear mount guys taking opinions and wondering if it will work.408+y2k 88mm