Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Maximum Potential?

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2011, 08:12 PM
10 Second Club

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Default Maximum Potential?

Hey guys, this is my first post in this section of the board. It's like a whole new frontier stepping into the leagues of you gentleman. I have a new car and set-up that I am trying to currently maximize on it's current level of performance. I took it to the strip thursday night and wasn't completely dissapointed with my self, as I could never build any boost at the line and get a good launch. I had the car picked up today to have it taken to my mechanic who is taking the tranny out and I am sending it back to Jim at Transformance to build it. I am getting everything he puts in his 1000hp 4l80e aside from a billet intermediate shaft and iron drum. Just the billet input and foward hub, and straight cut gears. I am also getting a t-brake put in it and 2-step so I get some boost on launch. We will have to play with it and data log the runs to find out what she likes best.

My main question is where will I see this combo start to fall on its face at. What rpm, power level, and or psi level will the returns begin to diminish? The turbo is a 76mm Precision GTSH with .96 A/R housing. 3.5" DP to 3" exhaust all the way out. I'd planned on adding a cut-out and adding a dump on the flange.

I ultimately plan on building a LQ4 or LS2 to go in this car with ported and polished 317 heads and turning the boost up to the teens and seeing what happens. The MBC is currently set at 11#s.

Quick Reply: Maximum Potential?