Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

no search luck - please explain boost referenced fuel regulator?

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2011, 06:23 PM
8 sec potential, 12 sec slip

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by chief455
...In other words - under WOT - is '1lb' of boost before the throttle body - the same as '1lb' measured at a manifold port?...
I would say that it should be. Just place it as close to the manifold as possible.

However, I almost wonder if this may create some sort of false boost reading tho if there is any sort of pressure from the blower in the system that is being blocked out by the throttle blade..
Old 05-31-2011, 06:41 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ChevyChad
I would say that it should be. Just place it as close to the manifold as possible.

However, I almost wonder if this may create some sort of false boost reading tho if there is any sort of pressure from the blower in the system that is being blocked out by the throttle blade..
Same here. Stable boost signal through a vacuum port - whirlwind of high pressure just before the throttle body - it would seem.

I'm thinking how boost would blow the elbow right off my throttle body at mild throttle - compare that to what a vacuum hose going to the regulator would feel - should probably consult a regulator manufaturer for design confirmation.

Quick Reply: no search luck - please explain boost referenced fuel regulator?